Tuesday, July 10, 2018

Spellbound.


 " Good morning" said the old guy. " the early bird gets the worm......."
"good morning" I said this morning feeling slightly more social "the early bird sees the pink and purple sunrise this morning."
"pink an' purple were it? That 'l suit you then..."
 Suit me just fine it did. A very impressive show this day. I kind of made my mind up to go out this morning last night. I put the camera battery on charge "just in case!"
The Yorkshire show starts today. It is actually cold. Not just cool but cold. So this is good for the Great Yorkshire show. It is also good for days out as Monza can come along too. We were going to Wetherby today. Not a good idea. We will just get stuck in traffic.

Any way this early dawn was cold. I put on a cardigan and proper shoes and tights this day. When i set off the colours became more vibrant as i walk towards them.
 I was out before the sun. so were all these colours this morning. just me and the dawn chorus...which by the way was very loud.
 The ducks were very lively today.
 No swans. They were still asleep in the reeds.
 The bright mageta reflected over everything as I headed up to the airport.
Spellbound. Souxsie and the Banshees 
Here you go a song for this day. Souxsie ! an old one from the 1980s......actually I think it just might be earlier as I was into all the Goth/ punk stuff late 1979 as that was the year I left school and moved to Bath.  It was just about then I punked up my hair and mixed in a bit of glitter and went to art college. I had no clear idea of what I wanted so I just went with whatever appealed. Usually it was fairly eclectic as I was really into David Bowie as well some days. so I suppose I just looked a bit of a mess dressed in black. Early 1980's round about 2nd year Fashion student I started adding in Saris and fabrics from India.......
This morning the view was spell binding and I took a video of the dawn. I showed Lee. This is the closest he ever gets to the dawn.......Any way. the swans were not out. The three Gemima ducks were.....
so what to do today i wondered as i walked. I really wanted to go further up North. but the money situation rules that out. Next choice was Wetherby and a fave ruin at Spofforth. The traffic and the Yorkshire show starting today rules that out....going to the Yorkshire show itself? Have you seen how much that costs???? so that is a big no.

I Headed up to the airport for the main event of the sun rise.....
I spotted a rainbow over the Tarn on the way back...it was really quick....and I really nearly missed it.
It was faint by the time I took these pictures.
So now it is 7am ish. And the radio is stating traffic and jams all the way to Wetherby and Spofforth. So.......Kirkstall Abbey it is today then
Lee is much pleased about this as just near Kirkstall Abbey is Machine Mart. this place just happens to sell the impact wrench he wants......Don't ask. I didn't. But we can assume with confidence that it will make a lot of noise.



After the sun came up and the whackadoo dawn disappeared it all looked golden. I went home at this stage as I was very cold by now.

" oh good" said Lee "are you going to regale me now?"
You can always just assume that he says this every day because he always does.












1 comment:

polkadothill said...

what a glorious start to the day!!!!

An old one. Let's go Barbie!

aThe breakers yard,,,,,Lets go Barbie!........ A girly place to go!? ......well yes on this day     It turned out very well.  ...