Tuesday, July 24, 2018

Shall I make more tea?



I got up with no clear plan. I just put on street clothes and the battery into the camera and went out to the tarn. on the way out I saw my redressed Elizabeth Taylor doll. I picked her up and flip flopped along the road.
I had no idea what time it was . It was early and the sun was just coming up. so that was all i needed to know. Three old guys were out this morning all sat on the bench at the boat house. All three today.
irritating woman on bike was not around but there was irritating man in flash coat on bike. So I watched out which way I went.

 I could tell already. going to be hot again today. No point in exotic plans to go on days out. we are on our 11th wedding anniversary today....so really we should go to kirkstall abbey. this is the site of our wedding reception.....
 Wedding reception!!?? well it was a picnic with food from iceland and a few bottles of wine sat on the grass.
 Very beautiful this morning. this 24th July 2018. So 11 years married. What shall we do today then?
 I had my Elizabeth Taylor doll in one hand and camera in the other. the three old guys were sitting watching me.
"morning " said the original old guy. " yer got yer friend along t'day?"
 " Elizabeth Taylor today." I stated
"Oh eye?" said the original old guy.
 Elizabeth Taylor with an Oscar statue actually. They watched me take these photos. They did not ask. I did not tell.
 So off the three old guys went for a chat and a walk around the tarn at dawn. What were they talking about I wonder? Model boats? allotments? what do three old guys talk about anyway?
 The light was just fabulous! the long slim shadow on the right is me. much complimentary....thank you Yorkshire light..
 I went to walk the opposite way to the old guys. No more small talk about dolls and lovely morning for photos for me. I also did not get run over by the bloke in flash on the bike.
 Really amazing light..... No not just amazing light. REALLY amazing light.  More to the point. Did Elizabeth Taylor win an Oscar?
Two in fact. For best actress in Who's afraid of Virginia Wolf? and best actress in Butterfield8.....nominated for Suddenly last summer.....Cat on a hot tin roof......and Raintree county.


"more tea!" said Lee handing me a huge mug full. "what yer bloggin' about?" he asked.

"Elizabeth Taylor doll."
"Oh." he said returning to his You tube videos on Wombling and scrapping techniques.
 and clouds. At this point it was still cool.
I have read him this blog as always he asks....And I have a card with my tea...To my wonderful wife on our anniversary......a drawing of a doll like this with lots of glitter he bought me!!!

 By the time I got to this area it was already getting warmer.

 These photos turned out so well that I have used them all. as always there are far too many.
Looking like another day on the decking at home. It is way too hot to put Monza dog in the car. Try and leave him!? no chance. he makes such a fuss and mess. so all visits are on hold for the moment.
We are drinking tea and contemplating the day. I am expecting some dolls to be delivered from my birthday . I phoned up father and thanked him for the beautiful doll he bought me on Ebay.
The conversation went like this...
" Good afternoon you are in!....thank you for the beautiful doll...I was so impressed that you ordered the right one from ebay!.....you did!...yes!....Sampson is barking at workmen? well he won't stop because you yell at him lovely......that was right in my ear!.....really Roy! he will not stop if you yell at him!!!!. The workmen are in his space.....he is just being a dog. No Roy...THAT really will not help!!!....ROY!!! can you hear me?,,,,,,,oh right. you are getting the patio relaid. The workmen are fixing it.....okay? so are they giving you a refund for completely bogging it up? no?.....it costed  three and a half thousand pounds Roy! it all broke up and started to rock in a week! damn right you should get your money. .....You'r not? ....why? ....The two have been sacked and this is another pair of idiots? Roy ....Roy...listen to me!!!! never mind the dog...Roy! I will just come over."


No comments:

An old one. Let's go Barbie!

aThe breakers yard,,,,,Lets go Barbie!........ A girly place to go!? ......well yes on this day     It turned out very well.  ...