Thursday, July 19, 2018

Dolls and cars.


This is it. The restoration begins!!! This all happened yesterday afternoon. I spent a pleasant afternoon in the sun redressing my Ken dolls and sorting through Barbie clothes! Lee actually started on the Fenix car restoration whilst I piled up dolls and clothes on the decking.
The house on the end of the terrace is divided into apartments and they are for sale. Estate agents were bringing potential buyers around all day as this went on outside my house. Well at least they are getting to see it as it is!!!!
As yet we have had no actual complaints. That would be the ones said to us. No one has asked us to move the car wreck yet. They will I am sure......So we follow the trend of doing what ever we like. Everyone else does here. I did say that they would not like it if I did just as I like too. So we see shall we?


This is a Vauxhall Frontera that I bought Lee for his birthday in February. It is in quite good condition except for the knackered engine.

This photo of Lee under the car. There will be a few like this before we are done....Here he is trying to get it on axle stands....

The engine hoist is massive now that it is built.


engine for the Fenix  Click on this link! and there you are. An engine on a stand.

very very noisy engine link.........  Click on this link to hear a knackered engine!

The car is very very noisy. This is why Lee is replacing the engine.!
Any way it is Friday. I am "on holiday" and we usually go to Otley. I did get up this morning . I did not go out to the Tarn to take photos this day. I did get up and make tea and eat a doughnut for breakfast though.
The Morning was misty and is now getting hot. We usually go to Otley .  It is much too hot for Monza already and I dare not leave him after the performance on Tuesday! so Otley is cancelled this week.
We have the car to work on anyway........


No comments:

An old one. Let's go Barbie!

aThe breakers yard,,,,,Lets go Barbie!........ A girly place to go!? ......well yes on this day     It turned out very well.  ...