Tuesday, July 3, 2018

It is summer.

 Okay now. The plan is this.......Finish that pesky woodstore roof. It is now the third day of July and the damn thing still is not done. It has taken three months to get the bloody buggery thing fixed. Lately I am informed that it is too hot . before that it was too rainy or too cold or too windy (yes that really was a problem....) I can confirm that all of these weather conditions are the norm here and yes I supose they could be valid reasons for the task never being completed. Today the roof felt goes on even if I have to get up there in my White summer outfit, flip flops and painted pink toes. The fact that I have no clue what to do with it is totally besides the point. The roof felt goes on today. I am also informed that this requires standing up on the roof whilst applying glue.............
 Last night we ordered the engine stand for the Finix Frontera which langishes in front of the log cabin. This was bought in February for Lee's birthday. That gets started on Tomorrow....which is Wednesday......watch this space. photos will be employed as it happens. AND yes!!!! the damn engine stand will be delivered in time.
So here we are drinking tea. I have been up and not gone out.......these are pictures from another day.
A garden day and a barbequed lunch....
Barbie in the garden in West Yorkshire. It is another beautiful hot day. I came home last night and a very very tanned neighbour said
" Hello Sally!.....hot isn't it? I came out of work early and took a chair out to the tarn. there is a breeze there...." this lady I noted was sitting with her feet in a bucket of iced water. Yes really...the ice cubes were floating in the bucket.
"You gotta do what you gotta do!!".....
This lady I should add has returned from Greece a few days ago and this is as hot apparently.
So lets drink tea and get to it then. Monza dog wants to get out on his walk....I want the roof finishing. Oh and the fountain in my pond fitting....
Did I mention that? Will do that myself too. I bought that in February too!!


1 comment:

polkadothill said...

we are in the same boat.... everything planned, but getting everything done has been so hard!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

An old one. Let's go Barbie!

aThe breakers yard,,,,,Lets go Barbie!........ A girly place to go!? ......well yes on this day     It turned out very well.  ...