Friday, July 6, 2018

Just before dawn.

The darkest hour is just before dawn and all that. Well I was in plenty time this day. I was there well before dawn. I got up to do the washing up and make tea. It must have been about 4.10am. Dawn has not been until about 4.45 am. So I put my camera battery on charge and made more tea. I looked out and saw that my garden lights were still on. So I took my camera battery off charge and put it back in the camera and went out.....The photos I took of the garden lights were crap...but never mind. I just walked around the tarn.
after yesterdays good roasting climbing up the rocks near Ilkley...it was cold! .....So I wore a cardigan and really wished it was a padded coat.
Again today. this is how my little Yorkshire world should be. No people. Just birds tweeting the dawn chorus.
Plenty notices for Yeadon carnival. This year the theme is music. They mean Rock and pop music over the years and there is a prize for the best fancy dress. I have been asked "if I am wearing a costume" for work.......
Do pigs fly? of course they do. And I shall be dressed as a Goth. I do have the kit already......I also have a black wig with purple streaks.  If it is hot I am not going to wear it though.......I have a Cult t shirt..."she sells sanctuary"...A black Mortichia skirt and a black lace long coat....plenty of jewellery and make up....If it is really hot I am going as a white goth. That will fox 'em.

Florence and the machine       A link for you to Shake it out..........The darkest hour is just before dawn.

It was fairly dark this morning. Though I can tell you that the darkest hour is actually when you are at work and have about half an hour to go to the end of your shift. Then your supervisor asks you to stay another hour. That my dears is where the "darkest hour" is.
This has happened a lot to me lately. In fact I turn down their kind offer now. Hence my pay slip is not all it could be. Swings and roundabouts I suppose. I have more time at home and with Lee. We have no money again however.

This day started out cold and beautiful. Also I get paid today. It will be sitting in my bank account as I walk around the Tarn ready to spend on bills and mortgage payments this month as there are no extras for daft stuff. I have had very little overtime and the hours I have been offered last minute I turned down because I did not want to do them.....so....no extras this time.
So we are doing free things. It does not cost anything to come and see the dawn fortunately.

It is 8am now. I am quickly finishing this blog and then going off to Otley...okay  I may go to the 20p shop to see what they have........The sun is not yet hot! the clouds still cover the heat...so we just might be able to take Monza. It is still cold at this time.
Monza was much disapointed at being left Yesterday. The heat would have killed him quite simply. But Monza did not see it quite like that.

There are plenty of people about now. I can hear them. neighbours going to work dogs barking and cars over at the garage having MOT tests.
 Lee is watching you tube videos about impact driver power tools. I have not asked what he wants one for....it is best not!. The engine stand arrived yesterday just as we got back from Ilkley......and the engine hoist bought the other week now languishes next to it in the log cabin. The Fenix car is waiting ..
 The swan family were out before dawn. This was the best picture I could get....
 And the moon was still out and reflecting in the water as I walked past....

A tiny bit of smoke on the water this morning. Though nothing came of it as there was not heat when the sun came up.

Ready I am now to go to Otley. Monza is trotting around trying to heard us out for his walk.

Oh okay then. I will go and buy the plant I wanted for the garden. I have my eye on a new palm tree of some exotic grass from New Zealand. They do not come cheap and I said no extras this month. Hang it.....down to Chana store we go on the way home today.
I think I need some more gold fish as well......
Now I know!!! I wanted to go to Mount Grace Priory. That costs money. There is an entrance fee and the petrol to pay for. So that will have to wait now.

No comments:

An old one. Let's go Barbie!

aThe breakers yard,,,,,Lets go Barbie!........ A girly place to go!? ......well yes on this day     It turned out very well.  ...