Wednesday, July 11, 2018

I never promised you a rose garden.

 I am reliably informed by the radio that "football is coming home" . They are very likely right too. Well that is I really hope that it is, as England have to beat Croatia tonight at a start of 7pm. England as a nation will come to a complete and utter stop. Eyes and ears will be on the telly. hands will be wrapped around a beer. If they do not win it will cause a riot. If they win it will cause a riot. The whole of England will be swept away in a swill of beer riding on a tide of chanting "football coming home!!!"......
So this morning?  yep. It dawned. And it is getting hot already. Yesterday started cold. stayed cold until I wanted to go to Kirkstall Abbey and then it got too hot to be in the car. That was that......Though I did get the Tree I wanted from Channa stores.  I finally and at an expense that gave Lee the collywobbles bought a Cordyline AND......yes AND.......pampas grass. The 1970s one with white fluffy ends. Lee likes them. Lee wanted one. So I got him one. Real 1970s stuff, mind you it is all back in fashion big time all that and 1980's ripped jeans. For Lee the Pampas grass, prawn cocktails and chicken supreme never went away. they are all big time faves of his....
 It is Lee's injection day too . He has just been to make more tea and got it out of the fridge ready to become room temperature before applying. ....so I was a bit later than yesterday and the colours were beginning to fade as I arrived at the Tarn.....I still got the main event of the sun rise though..
 I walked all the way around the tarn and the swans were out by their nest. I did not see the little ones today...in fact I have not seen them for a few days.....The Three Gemima ducks were out too but I could not get a very interesting photo...they are there though.

 Now 7.30 and drinking a very lot of tea. We are not going anywhere today. I decided this was best on my walk...it is going to be hot....the Yorkshire show is still on and all roads towards Harrogate, Wetherby and Spofforth are jammed. Monza dog was not well yesterday. The heat makes him sick poor dog. So He is fine laid on the cold garage floor.
 I noted as I walked that The VERy Annoying Cyclist was out. I saw her come over the NO CYCLING sign on the path in great big white reflective letters and stayed on the grass myself. I know she does three circuits and then goes ......so this day I kept an eye out and counted the circuits from the hopeful safety of the grass verge.
 The first time she passed " morning!" ......
 Whilst whizzing past. As you see these paths are for walking. The reason cycling is not allowed here is that it is straight dangerous to those of us taking photos and not looking out for cyclists and getting run down. A very lot of people bring young children here. not even to mention dogs and wheel chairs......   , They will no way be as polite about being run down as I was on the other Five occasions she has nearly had me!!!
 I made sure she had gone this time before stepping out into the path again.......
 today.....hot.....football....and garden. barbecued lunch? I pondered what to have as I walked. Lee is also going to the tip (oh yes he is!!!) with all the garden rubbish so he can buy some barbecue stuff whilst out. I will stay with Monza and plant the new Cordyline!!!!!!BRILLIANT!!!!!!
 So all the piled up crap is going. What about all the scrap wood ruining the look of my beautiful creation? well that can get put into the wood shed now can't it? yes? So dare I hope and dream that my garden can be as I want it finally today???!!!
It is a very likely maybe . Well I did not get run down and flung in the tarn so I suppose that is quite a good sign.

I never promised you a rose garden. The suicide machines   Here is a link to the song. Bet you never heard this version.......

No comments:

An old one. Let's go Barbie!

aThe breakers yard,,,,,Lets go Barbie!........ A girly place to go!? ......well yes on this day     It turned out very well.  ...