Thursday, July 12, 2018

Ride a white swan.

There is only so much football a girl can take. Let me rephrase....There is only so much football a girl can take and the silly buggers lost. A complete travesty of a match. a basic pile of wazz...so that is that and I can now get on with summer.

ride a white swan  T.rex.  A link to the lovely Marc Bolan for this morning.



I am looking out some swan pictures taken this year. This day is dull. not a great sun rise and misty. Not a lot to take photos of. not even the frightfully romantic smoke on the water like the other week....So I admit that I knackered myself out digging a hole to plant my new Pampas grass and I slept through to 5am and missed it all any way. Lee was up and informed me that
 " Ah can't see Now't"
 so Here are some swan pictures. We are supposed to get rain today and it remains cloudy. This is quite good news and means we can go somewhere in the car with Monza.



The swans at the Yeadon Tarn.
  I like to look for them when I go for my early walks. At the beginning of the year there were loads of them. At this time there are two and some cygnets.


These photos were from early in February I think.....



Cold still this morning. I have on my dressing gown and drinking tea. I have not even been downstairs to put my camera battery on charge. Lee did that for me when making tea.
It is still early yet. But a chance to walk Monza properly as he flags in the heat. He is a 70 year old dog with a lot of woolly hair. The heat slows him down. I do not think his age bothers him like the hot weather,


It has been really hot . It was hot Yesterday afternoon when I dug a hole. Lee has nearly finished the roof on the wood store and putting in the pond pump. I say nearly finished ...as it remains not quite working yet as it still has to be wired in.....oh and the drainage pipes have to be rerouted through the trellis. Do you really care? well I don't. I just want to finish my garden planting....and grow stuff on the trellis!!!!! hence why I knackered myself out digging a hole in the sun..
 Any way. The swans at Yeadon tarn. This one was taken recently and here are the little ones too...
 sleeping guarding the nest....

 The swan nest is in these reeds. The council workers have put up a metal barrier from the path so that people can not get too close. Last year the eggs got stolen! this year they are all hatched and have been out and about. This swan guards the nest and even sleeps afloat here.

 I am told by the old guy who sits by the boat house...that the swans killed all the ducklings as they saw them as a threat..... well there are no ducklings any more....so It may be true.
 Earlier in the year...the nest. this is as close as I could get.




 Ride it on out like a bird in the sky ways
Ride it on out like you were a bird
Fly it all out like an eagle in a sunbeam
Ride it on out like you were a bird


Wear a tall hat like a druid in the old days
Wear a tall hat and a tatooed gown
Ride a white swan like the people of the Beltane
Wear your hair long, babe you can't go wrong




Catch a bright star and a place it on your forehead
Say a few spells and baby, there you go
Take a black cat and sit it on your shoulder
And in the morning you'll know all you know, oh


 Wear a tall hat like a druid in the old days
Wear a tall hat and a tatooed gown
Ride a



T.Rex. From 1970. written by Marc Bolan. And yes I do remember it from that time. I was at boarding school. The thing about boarding school is that you get to know everything about your neighbours in the same dorm as you . that is weather you want to or not...and the girl in the next bed was really into Marc Bolan. This song is said to have "heralded the Glam rock movement". well I can tell you that it did.
Marc Bolan wrote this after a lacing of LSD at a rolling stone magazine party. The girl in the next bed ...eventually became a junky and died in the 1980s. I think she was one of the first to die from that time. I was very nearly next.....but mine was cancer not drugs. I think everyone else is still alive now as I write.


 Marc Bolan himself died aged 29 in a car wreck. 1977. Now that was a long time ago.
 The car was driven by Gloria Jones and Marc was killed instantly. His funeral featured a flower shaped swan at Golders Green. london. The place of the car wreck has become a shrine .



Image result for marc bolan funeral pictures

So swans and cynets for this day in July 2018. We are getting up finally to take Monza for a walk. Then I think a poke around the junk shops in Morley. Not been here for a long while.

No comments:

An old one. Let's go Barbie!

aThe breakers yard,,,,,Lets go Barbie!........ A girly place to go!? ......well yes on this day     It turned out very well.  ...