Wednesday, July 11, 2018

Dolls, Dolls Dolls

These are some of my recent rescues. The Monster high doll in the box there is Frankie stein. I bought her today. She is new . I got her in a discount shop. We went to Kirkstall Bridge retail park . We started off in the cool of the day going to the big charity shop there. I got some "new" peals and a bracelet.....then on to smyths toys. Do you know? there was nothing they had in stock that I wanted. A huge store full of stuff and I could not find a doll I wanted. Or to be more exact I could not find a doll that I would pay the asking price for....

This was the nearest I found. Half price too!!!! Still not paying that much........so on we went to the discount junk shop.......where I found a monster high doll. There were others.....some modern Barbie dolls.....frozen and a singing Belle from Beauty and the Beast. Unfortunately the doll is ugly. not at all like the actress in the Disney film. So I gave them a miss.

It is my birthday next week too. I have started collecting presents.....as I know no one else will buy me any. I could not find much I liked......THEN......

Later in the afternoon I discovered a lack of ice cream in the freezer. (we ate the last of the Madagascan vanilla with strawberries last night)  so this let me into going to all the junk shops in Yeadon on the way to buy some.......
I found all of these...dolls and clothes in Oxfam.....
So I bought the lot.....
I do not know what this one is. I bought her any way as she has a wig and spare clothes.........Is she a Liv doll?  I have some already and they look pretty much like this.
I have bought some cards for my birthday too......I found these in the 20p shop. Spare no expence for my own birthday I don't.....
This girl I bought the other week " for my birthday treat!". She is a 1950's Roddy doll. I got her from the old curiosity shop in Otley
I have put everything away. I will wrap them all up and buy a bunch of flowers to go with it all.
A lovely birthday present for a batty woman huh?

No comments:

An old one. Let's go Barbie!

aThe breakers yard,,,,,Lets go Barbie!........ A girly place to go!? ......well yes on this day     It turned out very well.  ...