Sunday, November 12, 2017

The loft A rewrite.

This morning finds me on my knees under the eves in the very expensive useless loft conversion. I am not good down on anything so if gets stuck that is where I will be. I hate this room. It is not possible to stand up in most of it and it cost me 30 bloody grand. ( yes those of you from Yorkshire....how bloody much?) lee insisted he wanted it. We have never used it either. It houses dust and christmas. A very lot of both. I know there are the decorations I want under the eves as they were put away neatly about five years ago. Hence they are at the bottom and back of the piles of stuff. Having them out I am ! And ignoring the red sky and pink fluffy clouds by the tarn and crawling around instead of walking out to take a photo.
 It is now 7.30 am. The alarm has gone off. I have to get in the shower and prepare for work.....but first I plonked the big bag of christmas stuff on the sleeping lee and asked him to take them downstairs. I got them out of the eves and down the half finished loft stairs
 Thats me done for.
 Pity about the loft conversion isnt it? Well.......there is a plan. We have a plan.
 A flooring and some nice furniture would be a start. But really the junk has to go. I do not even know what a lot of it is. The piled up boxes were from a shop stockroom clearance last year. I thought tree branches would indicate a tree...but there is no stand. This would be why all this junk needed to go to the tip. So that is where it will go.
Tomorrow is my day off.....i want to go to Temple Newsam house to see the decorations.....get some inspiration....go to the old bit of the house....and see the farm.

 Tuesday is another day. 14th november 2017 in fact.
Just as we were finishing the shift yesterday with about an hour to go and watchin,g the clock avidly......we were told all overtime has been cancelled!!!!!. This in effect gives me the rest of the week off. ( i should be upset here....as no work means no money and we rely on this overtime.....) pox to it. I punched the air and squeeled yipeeeeee!!!!!!! I am so bored with it anyway.
So the rest of the week off then. Te he.
The cellar also remains a travesty. Though Lee has had a whole week to work on it. Three pieces of cladding have been added.....and i duck taped the washing machine back into working order.....then replaced the worktop above it. That small bit looks okay now.
The rest is like a series of dental appointments. Lots of painful pulling of teeth without anaesthetic. The excises for lack of progress are not very imaginative. ....what do we have? Ummm no screws. No screws the right length. No hole cutter....a migraine....cladding not straight.....needs a new electric screw driver....
Three pieces of cladding in one week? Yep. I speak the truth.

 Just see here another three strips of cladding added. The bits were cut about a year ago when i started the job with the overtimes money to pay for this mess.
Things can only get better......
So Tuesday it now is.a new week. There are no plans for father to visit. Last weeks will fiasco is still having repercussions. Lee is very upset that all he gets is a coin collection and a broken violin. Wifes family get the lot.....father sat and told us at great length. This is how we know. After the will diatribe i tried changing the subject by showing him some photos i have taken....
I showed him photos from Hunmanby Hall. The visits we made in September.
" is that whitby?... Oh Hummmerby? Wheres that? Scarborough? Ohm. Were that were yer mother worked?"asked father

" yes. Mum was only there about a year. I stayed on. Mum went to Scarborough college. Took the American ladies there on the way to Scarborough. It is my old school"
" though yer were the cleaners daughter. "
"Mum was the housekeeper. I stayed after she left." i said patiently " i was there under my own merrits. The methodist church paid for my education. Mum got the job there after the church took me in. I am a Hunmanby hall girl. It is where i went to school."
" ah thought she were the cleaner."
" mum was the housekeeper. Mum went to catering college in Manchester after my dad,s death. I went into care and the methodist church picked me up. Mum got the job as HOUSEKEEPER at the same school to be near me"
"So yer lied then" said father. "Yer said yer was from Whitby"
"My father had a farm up near Whitby. It was the nearest town..." i said by now just beginning to loose my patience.

"Just by Castleton"....."i say Whitby because no one ever knows what i am talking about when i say Castleton"

Father then made my point by launching into an accent. I looked at him blankly. He was doing a CastleFORD....dialect.
" you lied!!! Yer from Castleford!!!"
Castleford...for those of you who do not know the area...is up by wakefield and over by pontefract. Or Pontecarlo as it is nicknamed. A totally totally different world. Only an idiot would confuse them. And he did.
So insulted and belittled. I sat totally blank. Father continued to insult me my education...my mother and call me a liar. He does this. His reasoning and logic was shot when he fell off a ladder onto his head in the 1970s.
All of this has to be put up with. Lee has had it all his life. I have ten years. He has signed everything away before.to a woman he lived with briefly Got a letter from he solicitor he did. Remortgaged the house and paid her too.
Lee told him no! But he did it anyway. Just as he has this time
 That woman got more than lees own mother who also ran off and made sure she could not be found.why do we have to put up with him? He has brain damage is the answer. So yet again he has signed over everything of value.  The last time he got ripped off for twentyfive thousand pounds by a woman who lived with him and then discovered him impossible and ran off.lees mother ran off too.
For this plan of his wifes to work...she now has to outlive him. My money is on on father to outlive us all.
Do i really have to put up with it?????
Really?????
No. Things can only get better as i think an all time low has just been achieved here on all fronts!!!

1 comment:

polkadothill said...

all I can say is ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh,

An old one. Let's go Barbie!

aThe breakers yard,,,,,Lets go Barbie!........ A girly place to go!? ......well yes on this day     It turned out very well.  ...