Wednesday, November 15, 2017

I know what i am getting....update

 Cold and frosty. Still have the cold and cough so no early frostings at the Tarn or anywhere cold for that matter. This photo was from the doggy walk with Monza. This happened later as there was no rush. I had extra hours at work starting at 7am but they were cancelled. So no rush today.
 In Otley christmas has arrived. We went in search of some presents.
 Duely looked at all the christmas stuff in charity shops. After taking in a bag full of stuff ourselves. Well do I really need 10 christmas hats? And a darth maul back pack?
 99p and 20p shop yealded nothing so we went to the Victorian arcade.
 Beautiful decorations this year....and the church bells were ringing in practice for a wedding
....so this put me in a good mood to buy myself a christmas present or two...
I found a pearl bracelet with diamante heart

 And this palitoy doll
 I think 1960s......in quite good condition and in need of a bit of cleaning

 I had my eye on her for a while......so this is my christmas present. I went into the old curiosity shop which looks a lot like my house and asked how much? As she was in the window.quite we had to go back for her after the cashpoint and lunch.
I am going to clean her up a bit and see if i have any new clothes for her. Lee says why dont i put her in modern clothes. You know that is a really good idea.
With that we went for lunch. Lee is looking much better. The break from his meds is working i think. He is sleeping much better and not so depressed

We then headed home and put up some more christmas decorations.
Otley has up christmas....so must i then.
 On the way back to the car i spotted these...

In the art gallery all local artists
.




After lunch we bought chocolate eclairs and ate them on the way home. Once there i ran to see what had come in the post. ...

A letter from the hospital for me. Lastest mamogramme fine so the letter says and a pile of takeaway menus. No laptop charger or cheques. Still i supose i cant have everything at once!!!

Now Friday 17th november.
I am just putting up christmas. I have put the Palitoy doll into a bag and hidden her from myself.
I have now found out more about her.
She did walk and talk. This is how she was back in the day.
I have brushed mines hair and used a wet wipe on her face etc. I decided not to wash her as Lee may be able to mend her workings.....she is from the early 1970s.....though i would say 1960s if asked. I was around then! And these dolls were a bit of a must. I am looking around to try and get some clothes and shoes for her. Face and hair in good condition. Does not really matter if she does not work again.
She is 24 inches. I have loads of fabrics so i guess i can make her some clothes.
Merry christmas.

No comments:

An old one. Let's go Barbie!

aThe breakers yard,,,,,Lets go Barbie!........ A girly place to go!? ......well yes on this day     It turned out very well.  ...