Tuesday, November 28, 2017

It arrived.

 Tuesday morning again. early too and still I start my blog saying "woke up and made tea". Well it is still worth commenting on as far as I am concerned. I am always pleased to wake up. Living in Yeadon...beautiful as it is makes me very aware that one day there will be a day or night when I do not wake up ever again. Why does living in Yeadon bring this to mind? Well it is because we live right by all the old persons bungalows and crossing the square to go to the Tarn or high street passes them. Yeadon is stuffed with old people in retirement.
Almost daily we see ambulances...either taking them to hospital as an emergency or collecting patients for on going treatments.....
Outside the pubs mobility scooters languish. in rows waiting for their owners to stagger out.... It is not illegal to drive one of these under the influence.......The able bodied which I am reasonably....have to slide past the small spaces left in the door ways....
Not that I ever enter such establishments anymore and still find it hilarious that they are always parked outside from open to chucking out.
 So Tuesday. a day off. I have plenty this week and am using the time to accept delivery of the manic shopping on the internet. Today we got the new wood burner delivered and some more curtains.
I did not go far today. Just a very very very quickly to the Tarn with a Rock anglez Bratz doll. I walked along the slippy frosty road carting my Bratz doll. This morning I was fully dressed for the weather in street clothes and proper painted face.  I had on my pretty head and hair all pointing downwards
I arrived at the Tarn and turned on my camera........No card!!! it stated. pox. So I quickly walked home again with my Bratz doll to fetch it. I re passed all the same people who had given me a funny look the first time and then passed them a third time at speed skudding along as I had to move quickly as delivery of wood burner was imminent....so I kept looking over my shoulder to see if the carrier had arrived....which made people stare at me even more as they wondered why I was looking over my shoulder rushing along carting said Bratz doll and slipping and sliding around too......


 I did get these shots. By now the sun was up and the light was a lot easier to photograph........nearly 8am!!! this was late for me and early for Monza dog who had been taken for his walk by Lee in the Fonz car. I was supposed to stay home and wait for the wood burner. This was the plan we discussed anyway. Hence why I was behaving so suspiciously on a frosty morning in November.
 really worth it though was it not????
 I was up at 5am...and went down to the long suffering cellar...which I have now had to except will never be finished. So I cleaned it up and put pictures and shelves where I want them and ignored the fact that the ceiling and walls are not finished and put up my pictures and returned all books to the shelves.
Banging about I was.

 Drank a lot of tea too. That is yet another thing about living in Yeadon...as well as the old people that is.....Christmas is coming( the lights are on so it is now official) and  so all the Alcohol is on offer...mostly trendy spirits and Gin....beer and larger by the mountain pile. Others are fighting to the death to stock pile it all for the great Christmas and new year binge.
It is lovely. I do not drink. I don even have to bother.The money I get to keep in my buying junk stash is a huge amount!!!
Home I trotted...I would not go as far as saying I ran...but yes I trotted fast.....took this picture ....Lee has been decorating too!!! My log cabin..........

 I busied myself drinking yet more tea and rearranging the Bratz wedding Christmas decorations ......Then suddenly there was a phone call and the delivery truck was outside.
" I have a pallet for you" said the Geordie voice.
Lee went down to the end of the terrace and marvelled at the tail lift on the delivery vehicle........


 

I looked our of the door and wondered how we were going to get it inside...........it looks very innocuous ....it felt like a beast when I tried to move it.

The delivery guy offered to help us into the house. As Monza  was filling the entrance and barking at the guy we thanked him and declined.
"Thank you so much! we have been looking forward to this. "
" I help yer if yer wants.....I fitted me daughters last week...got up ont roof an all. I only have half a hand an half a foot...but i did it look..." he said stretching out his hand....he did indeead have half a hand. Three fingers remained.

Lee and I got the new wood burner as far as the kitchen just through the door......then admitted defeat. It is monstrously heavy.......the fitters are coming on Friday. so there it will be staying.

 we loaded ourselves into the fonz car with Monza in the back and went over to Guiesley to shop.......checked the junk shops and bought some more Christmas stuff....when we got back we had missed the post  and discovered more curtains had tried to be delivered.
Lee wants to know what else has been bought...I am not going to tell you. as he has his beady eye on this blog and hopes to discover. I am not that daft.
 We have four weeks to wait.......
 I bought some more decorations for the Bratz Christmas.... which I put up. This is as much as I am admitting to.......
 The bride and groom in this Christmas wedding were a present and the others I have collected from junk shops and ebay. I have a lot of winter wonderland and Rock Anglez along with stacks of clothes now...

This does not stop me from looking for more.
Wednesday morning and we are waiting for the light to come up and then we are going over to Kirkstall......as there are some more dolls I want from Smyths toys.
More dolls then. Merry Christmas. my fave Christmas song has just come on to the radio.....

The Pogues....   Never been bettered. So this Wednesday I leave you with this today.......

It was Christmas Eve babe
In the drunk tank
An old man said to me, won't see another one
And then he sang a song
The Rare Old Mountain Dew
I turned my face away
And dreamed about you
Got on a lucky one
Came in eighteen to one
I've got a feeling
This year's for me and you
So happy Christmas
I love you baby
I can see a better time
When all our dreams come true
They've got cars big as bars
They've got rivers of gold
But the wind goes right through you
It's no place for the old
When you first took my hand
On a cold Christmas Eve
You promised me
Broadway was waiting for me
You were handsome
You were pretty
Queen of New York City
When the band finished playing
They howled out for more
Sinatra was swinging,
All the drunks they were singing
We kissed on a corner
Then danced through the night
The boys of the NYPD choir
Were singing "Galway Bay"
And the bells were ringing out
For Christmas day
You're a bum
You're a punk
You're an old slut on junk
Lying there almost dead on a drip in that bed
You scumbag, you maggot
You cheap lousy faggot
Happy Christmas your arse
I pray God it's our last
The boys of the NYPD choir
Still singing "Galway Bay"
And the bells were ringing out
For Christmas day
I could have been someone
Well so could anyone
You took my dreams from me
When I first found you
I kept them with me babe
I put them with my own
Can't make it all alone
I've built my dreams around you
The boys of the NYPD choir
Still singing "Galway Bay"
And the bells are ringing out
For Christmas day
Written by Jem Finer, 

No comments:

An old one. Let's go Barbie!

aThe breakers yard,,,,,Lets go Barbie!........ A girly place to go!? ......well yes on this day     It turned out very well.  ...