Wednesday, November 29, 2017

Drones and dolls. And some moon light.

Monza dog is chomping on the fish I just cooked him. I found it greatly reduced in price and showed him it still in the packet when I got home. He then would not let me leave the kitchen area until he could smell it in the steamer cooking slowly. Even as I tried to debone it in peace he had his nose on the kitchen worktop. So ...He likes fish then ! what he actually likes is very expensive fish...and he would never have got it unless the sell by date was past and I have a discount.

Another day another shopping trip.......this is what I am after today. These are discounted as well. so it one of my missions for today. How many dolls does a girl need for Christmas?? well the answer to that is ..."endless"

.Shibajuku Shizuka 30cm DollShibajuku Miki 30cm Doll




Shibajuku Dolls.

invented by Madeline Hunter and based on Harajuku and Shibuya japanese street style, invented then by a lady from Melbourne Australia.
Apparently a thumb on the nose to the 60 year old Barbie dolls.
I love them!!! and now have to have some. I also still love my old Barbie dolls....by this I mean the 1970s earlier ones...I do not like the modern ones at all. These Shibajuku dolls are a breath of freash air by comparision to the crap Mattel are producing at the moment. I do have a few "modern Barbie " dolls but that is only because I have found them for 20pence in Otley junk shop.

these new dolls are larger than most at 13 inches tall.....and they are really pretty with big eyes. how can i resist?
well I did not. I bought myself these two for Christmas. so they have gone into the mountain of stuff now not that well hidden in the cellar. Also I have had to let Lee look in the box of the drone I bought because he needed to know what mobile phone to buy himself. How did he find out about the drone? well it was an assumption based on detective work on his part.
"What yer blogging about ?" asked Lee
" Drones and dolls"
"not Christmas markets Kirkstall Abbey and alphabet chips then"


 Christmas market in Leeds Millennium square.  Christkindlemarket as it is. A little piece of Germany in Leeds so the website says.

 Old fashioned roundabout at the centre of the chalet stalls. This is a favourite feature from other years...I have not been to Germany. It one place yet to visit. As it holds no fascination for me I doubt I will ever get around to it. so this is as briefly close as I will ever get. This roundabout looks like one from the past fair grounds, and toys at Christmas that light up...in fact I have one of these horses as a decoration I get out every year too.......
There are a lot of very enticing wooden stalls which look a very lot like my own log cabin ...stuffed to the rafters with gorgeous things. Like candles. Not just any candles wax candles modeled and carved into angels. santas and what not. Themed Chalet stalls groaning under the weight of cheeses of many shapes and flavours, sausage chalets...hot food chalets serving Goulash, Schinitzels, stollen and ginger bread men. AND a whole chalet dedicated to candied fruit in all its glossy full colours..

I noted the Santa's breakfast experience too on my way past to the glass bauble chalet.....sparkly coloured and glass baubles ....loads hanging from the chalet ceiling...all shapes ...all sizes....glowing in the dull winter drizzle. Much too expensive for me but still very very tempting.......
 They pack up and leave on christmas eve...24th December and are open from 10.30 every day up until then...I think what I will do is come into Leeds on the bus next week then I will not need to worry about Monza dog in The Fonz car stressing and barking as I walk away. Lee stayed in the car with him today. There is no way he could be left in Leeds city centre on his own. At least at home he will doze on my new rug in the kitchen for a couple of hours.
 This is the beer chalet and the reindeer head on the top balcony sings christmas songs all of the day...he is a happy chappy. Very popular is the beer chalet even at this hour.......
We were walking around at about 12 noon today and it was a dull day...in fact it could be called moody...so I brightened up my photos as the lights and market had not really got going in the drizzle.


Leeds golden owls.....Always make a dramatic photo....The Golden owls the symbol of Leeds....Leeds coat of arms contains three owls and were from the coat of arms of Sir John Saville who was the first alderman of Leeds. The savilles came with William the Conquerer along with The de Middletons, Mauleverers, de Percys and loads of others and for their help at the battle of Hastings in 1066 and all that they were all awarded lands in Yorkshire....Gods own county and with out doubt the best bit of this funny isle.
Owls are also the symbol of Athena the Greek goddess of wisdom which is why I guess they adopted them. Anyway these four golden owls were created by John Thorp in 2000 and he held the title civic architect until his retirement in 2010 and is pretty much responsible for modern Leeds as we wander around today.
Discover Leeds owl trail?
https://leeds-list.com/culture/activities/discover-the-leeds-owl-trail/

Yes please! I will do this too when I come into leeds on the bus. The Leeds coat of arms was created featuring a fleece representing the textile industry and owls taken from the Saville coat of arms of Sir John Saville which is featured in my favourite stained glass wall at Bolling Hall Bradford.

And so the owl became a symbol of Leeds.
Image result for christkindlesmarkt leeds
and I "borrowed this photo" from the web site as my photos were dull due to the light and drizzle. So here it is merry christmas from Leeds Christmas Market in Millenium square. This is more like it.


Lee waited in the Fonz car and I quickly got driven away to Kirkstall to buy lunch of Christmas sandwiches and the inevitable chocolate eclairs.

The next place I wanted to stop at was

Kirkstall Abbey.


Kirkstall Abbey was also owned by the Saville family at one stage as well. The knights that came to Yorkshire with William the Conqueror owned everything here mind!
 I noted the moody sky on the way past the Abbey house Museum and as I carefully crossed the road using the light up traffic lights crossing on this fast road. I am terrible with road crossing and had been told to use the crossing....obvious but essential in my case as I get distracted by the other side of the road and quite often cause an accident as I just step out......
 upon safe arrival at the gothic looking ruin I walked around the old path to the huge window.
 I did not go inside today. Nor did I hang about. it was raining by now and not too warm either. When the wind blows it goes right through you like a sliver of freezing glass.
 This ruin is huge, very Goth and frightfully romantic.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w44R6gY7aBQ         Batzz in the belfry-- O holy night



 makes you want to write poems about unrequited love and all that bollox dont it?





O Holy Night
The stars are brightly shining
It is the night
Of our dear Savior's birth

Long lay the world
In sin and error pining
'Til He appeared
And the soul felt it's worth

The thrill of hope
The weary world rejoices
For yonder breaks
A new and glorious morn

Fall on your knees
O hear the angel voices
O night divine
O night when Christ was born

O night
O holy night
O night divine
Check out the u tube Batzz in the belfry....O holy night. That should do it,




 Well it inspired Turner to paint some very romatic images so why not.
 The monks here brewed beer. as well as obviously taking in travellers and singing to the lord.
Amazingly beautiful it was today.

Back to the car past the Abbey house Museum. I checked the notce board on the way past as tomorrow is another day and I intend going inside for a visit......
lastly and not at all least we stopped at the big charity shop in Kirkstall where I bought these treasures......An Ever after naked doll...that is I think it is ever after as I recognise the face mould but not the black and white hair. so there is some home work for me this evening for a start and what is the reindeer from the movie Frozen called? any way that is who he is.
Then of course we went to Smyths toy shop and bought the two dolls I have been after for months. There is no point in hinting for stuff as it falls on deaf ears. I just buy my own presents now. saves time and disappointments. I do not expect anything and I certainly never get anything. job done.
I wanted these dolls for my birthday, but ended up buying an Ever after doll with money Father in Law gave me. I just get money now...if I am lucky as he can not be bothered to buy a present. Sounds a bit sad? well yes and no. As I always got bought red wine. even when I do drink wine it is never red. So it was a bit of a relief to tell the truth.

So home we went in the Fonz car. We miss the van badly now. today Monza had to share his big dog space with four boxes of beer. I had to share my passenger space with 2 boxes of beer ...2 big bags of grocery shopping. 2 dolls in boxes a reindeer and a naked doll. I held on to the bags sliding around on my knees with one hand and unpacked and ate chocolate eclairs with the other

I miss the van. all that would have been slung in the back and I could have enjoyed lunch with two hands.


Update. There is snow in Yeadon. Briefly at least. By the time I had gone straight back out with my camera only stopping to put on snowboots it had all but gone.
 The moon was out and the light over the Tarn was magical so I photographed that and headed  off to take the shot I wanted.




 The shot I wanted was this one of the lights in Yeadon. I also wanted a bus all lit up as well. As I knew the next bus would be at least another twenty minutes I caved in and went home.

It absolutely freezing. My poor body could never stand up to another twenty minutes of this temperature.........

Still tomorrow is another day and I can remember to take my camera with me then hopefully I can get the shot I want without becoming Yeadon's own ice maiden



No comments:

An old one. Let's go Barbie!

aThe breakers yard,,,,,Lets go Barbie!........ A girly place to go!? ......well yes on this day     It turned out very well.  ...