Thursday, November 9, 2017

Get me some of these.

 Well it is Christmas. Christmas is not as good as Halloween....and is well over done in all ways. But I can not resist looking at stuff that is way way expensive and that I really do not need. I have to ask in all seriousness..do I need to make a fairy garden?
Well yes I do... I am told that "I am away with the fairies!" so i better get some...
and these are really cute. The trouble with it is that either it will all get stolen or Monza will jump on it in a frenzy some day trying to bark at another dog.......
I still want one though.


 Now huge cup planters? absolutely....I have a small one already.....(mad hatters tea party)

 Have a lot of this already......looks fabulous. Lee will never let me get new,,,,,, all the stuff we have came from van clearance junking jobs.....



 Lighted pictures???

 And a singing reindeer head??? tempted really tempted. Might get him for father in law.

 Love these. Lee says I could easily make these.......
Blue Christmas tree like Frozen??? well I have loads of stuff this colour and all the dolls from the film.
So what am I waiting for??
Well today it is father to arrive. He was put off yesterday as We were in Ilkley. To day we have slipped out to walk Monza. so when the phone call came that he was on his way...I lied valiantly knowing I had at least half an hour to get home.
I know that if I say I am not there he will not set off until he knows I am back from where ever it is that he has interrupted. This can spin the whole fiasco into a couple of hours faffing about .
it used to be  worse. He did insist on taking us to the supermarket. We had no money blah blah blah..........
yep. much worse. the part where he stops in front of the strawberrys and sings....
"sweet strawberrys......!!!" then refuse to buy them as they were too expensive....then on the tea isle.... buy the cheapest tea bags they sold. made from the floor dust they were and they tasted like it. at one time I had a cupboard stuffed to falling out capacity...as I would not drink it.
"it's what I have" he would say.
So yes .....any way I now work at this supermarket. He always said I should get myself a job shelf filling, as the till would be too testing.

Father arrived to day just as I was changing Monza's blankets in the back of the fonz car. Still holding a pile of blankets and towels I headed to the house to put them in the washing machine that I duck taped up yesterday.
Monza ran to greet father and search him for biscuit clues. I heard
"This gate needs fixin' how longs it been like this!?"
"since the storms blew all of Yorkshire to hell"

once inside father drank his coffee and said he could not stay long. he had the hoovering to do.
"What hours yer got this week?" he asks ....i explain the work plan....as then Lee is not on his own all day...i work evenings mostly now...as he sleeps from early on....

Father then launches off. This time
 at great length about the joint will he had just made with his wife.
Joint will? Hum. Clever.  She gets it free as part of her work benefits.
 She and her children now get the house whats left of the money and any stuff in the house she wants. She gets to live there for her lifetime then it is to be sold and money divided between her children.

Lee gets the coin collection and a violin with broken strings.

I get no mention along with Lees brother who I have never met anyway.

So now that is settled .
wife has no earthly need to be nice to us at all ever again.
There is nothing to be said...so

I showed him some photos I took of Ilkley yesterday and some Tarn early photos.
"very dark aren't they?" he ventured. "did yer tek em in't dark?"
"yes" said Lee "she gets up to watch the sun rise"
" oh" said father.

We drank our tea. Christmas was not mentioned. This has come back to bite me on the bum before. I failed to ask one year. Father just asumed he was coming over. nothing was arranged. They turned up anyway.
 Never going to win on this.
In fact i am never going to win on anything here.

1 comment:

polkadothill said...

ahh, he is quite the character!

An old one. Let's go Barbie!

aThe breakers yard,,,,,Lets go Barbie!........ A girly place to go!? ......well yes on this day     It turned out very well.  ...