Monday, November 20, 2017

Day off. winter.



 Tuesday again already...in fact 21st November. I have put up my Christmas decorations. I took down Halloween and thought UM....this looks a bit boring and sad. so I dragged all of my Christmas themes from other years and put the lot out. as well as every set of lights i own....and i own a very lot.
Every year I have a theme and decorate the house.......this year? all of them all at once. eclectic? oh yes.
Well what else is there to do once winter has set in?
 Today we have photos taken from the Tarn a couple weeks back. I have still got that damn cough and have stayed in bed with my feet on a warm Monza dog. He is in no hurry to go out either.
 It is still dark at the moment. Lee has been up all night again and has just come back up stairs with tea. And yes we are still waiting for my pension money to hit the bank account. The civil service are making sure they have dotted all the i's and crossed all the t's. I phoned them last week........so now we just wait.
First thing on the list....fix the wood burner situation. buy a new one and get the chimney lined. christmas is coming fast now. I rather fancy toasting in front of a lovely working wood burner.......
 I have put my camera on charge and we are debating where to go once it is light........
 I am considering the Puritan Chapel on the way out to Bramhope. I keep hearing about a winter wonderland too........

Wednesday 22 November 2017.

The Puritan chapel is closed except Sunday afternoons and the winter wonderland is a trading estate where I fear that everything will be over budget of my usual 99p an item. So back to the drawing board as they say....I woke up an ungodly hour and got out all the washing from the dark cellar and hung it up to dry on the half finished cladding.. Discovered as I put the washing out in the dark cellar that I had included in the wash everything in my work blouse pocket. So I washed next weeks hours which disintegrated ...name badge and clocking in swipe card..........grot. going to have to go into work and ask what hours I am supposed to do today.........washed up ...made tea...made more tea and then went back to bed to look on ebay......



I made more tea whilst listening to the rain hammer at the lean to on the back of the house...briefly considered going out to take some atmospheric photos as the wind started to blow,   made more tea whilst listening to the radio.
David I think I love you Cassidy has died. And I did think I loved him too. I had a poster of him on my bedroom wall at my grandmothers cottage in Castleton....I mooned over him for a whole summer holidays and then discovered that my best friend was into the Osmonds and changed elegance.....My soft spot for the Partridge family still remains and I recently found two of his albums in the 20p shop which I bought and played last week......The 1970's!!! we were so innocent then. no thoughts of pensions or old age or becoming alcoholics as both Mr Cassidy and I managed to our detriment.....organ failure the news said with dementia. The end of an era then. He was 67.Only 67.

Dismissed the whole idea of going out now.....as very if not incredibly stupid as it was still dark and raining and windy. even now two hours later and the light is attempting to over come the adverse weather i can see it is totally futile!!! Lee then woke up. made tea then checked the bank account.
Yes you have guessed it, My pension money has appeared. It was just a bit odd after the early news....
 Lee then drank his tea and did his usual search of Utube for daft man things to make and explode.

 Hang on there.Whats the matter with us!?
" transfer some of that money to the other account!!!! "
"let me finish this....then I will"
" WHATS THE MATTER WITH US!!!?? we waited weeks for this. TRANSFER IT NOW!!!!!"





This set in motion a hive of squeals and ordering of new wood burner...booking of chimney sweep and installer,,,,,,rechecking ebay for my basket filled with all manner of crap from my night shopping sprees......I actually bought and paid for some of it!!!
So now even before it is light for the first time in forever we have money in the bank account. this has never happened before.!!!!

 So I leave you this day with a picture of Monza as we rush around wondering which way up we are.
 First we walk Monza even though it is hammering with rain.....and when it becomes a normal business hour I have to phone the vets and get him booked in for an old dog check. neither of us will like it much but I think it will be one bunch of money well spent as I suspect arthritis in his back end.

It is light and business hours. Monza is booked in for next day off....wood burner ordered. Chimney sweep booked...........
The excitement has given Lee another migraine. I wonder what will happen when he has to spend money?????





1 comment:

polkadothill said...

so happy that the money has arrived and the fireplace will make all of you toasty warm again!!! loved the photo of the light trying to peak through winter!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

An old one. Let's go Barbie!

aThe breakers yard,,,,,Lets go Barbie!........ A girly place to go!? ......well yes on this day     It turned out very well.  ...