Wednesday, November 1, 2017

Halloween 2017

 There we are Halloween 2017. No a big "thing" here at all. I was the only mugsy doing any decorations here. I saw some shops with a bit of a ghosty in the windows but that my lovlies was that. So off Lee and I went in the Fonz car with a great big hairy monza to walk him in the atmospheric grave yard with me in purple lipstick and my BLACK out fit.
This photo was taken with my broken mobile phone that Monza dog stood on. adds a lovely bit of blur making the pics a bit weird. We were the only strange ones about. no one took much notice of us. we do this most days except that I dress normally in WHITE. never or rarely any other colour.........
 So much tea was drunk on this very cloudy dull morning.There was not even a coloured sun rise. I know this as I was out by the modle boat house for 6.30 this morning.



The old guy with the flat cap said "morning lass. Yer won't get any good picture this mornin'...too cloudy."
Right he was too. I added this tiny bit of colour to avoid disappointment at Halloween. I had looked out of the windows and gone out any way...thinking I would get at least some dark shots of swans etc.....I set off with my doll past Mr shouter who was just bringing back his wife's dog from the Tarn. I completely ignored him and walked  on by! because I can. I can walk that way if I like......I can walk past him too if I want to. He is not there anymore to me. He will never be mentioned again  after today in this blog. I pick my favourite day to expunge this person from my life....as ....... Later on as I put up my Halloween decorations they were both there watching me with the look of total disgust on their faces. .....I leave them like that, with that image in your heads as you read this blog. That is how their story ends. To day on Halloween.
So a disappointing first thing morning. I got dressed properly in Halloween street clothes and we went to walk Monza dog. The shot I really wanted for Halloween was "wolf dog and Lee and I with the witch house" through the grave yard.....I did not quite get it but I did get a couple of greats......



 In the background here is Novia Farm where the Yeadon Witch lived in the old days. She was called Hannah. In her days this airport would not have been here or the road....Lee worked out that the footpath by the street World's end in Yeadon was the track across the moors to this place in the middle of nowhere in the moors......

 Lee and Monza at Halloween 2017........
Then we went to Otley to see my fave effigies and look around the charity shops.......

 Otley church. My favourite stained glass window...or a bit of it. I love a knight in armour........

 The Fairfax effigies. The church today had others on the seats in quiet contemplation. I have already turned off the click on this camera so I managed not to disturb them as I walked around.......
 This guy was their favourite slave by all accounts.....




 Love this church. It is such a pity that it has been modernised with bink and blue lights........
 Lee had originally waited outside the church as he saw the others inside. He does not like churches the same way I do....but I look so long he came to hurry me along to lunch in the town market square.
 See what I mean about the pink and blue lights!?
 First to the grave yard to see My most favourite effigie. This lady id from the very prominent local family Dunn. This is the only effigy I have seen outside,,,, the grave belongs to Thomas Dunn and the figure is his wife Carolina. He died 1857 and the sculptor was Dennis Lee of Leeds.
 Carolina.

 We came out of the grave yard and went straight across to the Victorian arcade...cut through to lunch that by now was more than welcome.
 Halloween was out a little bit in Otley...but not a big deal. mostly retail.......
 Though I did notice lots of price reductions on Halloween merchandise.


So we ate our Greggs sausage rolls in the old bus shelter and then headed through the market to the last two junk shops. I found a white skirt for 99p and a Barbie doll from 1976 with red hair......


 Then home to set up the rest of my decorations......finish the "white witch Barbie" display......light the candles.....


Put on the fairy lights ......

Put out the orange cobweb along with black spiders. I aquired this from a tip job with the van last year. Still new in the packet it was.





carved the pumpkins and put in the tea lights........and that was Halloween 2017.....
I watched the part of the Tudors telly series about Anne Boleyn up to the execution .....and then it was all over as the dark set in.




This is the Barbie doll I bought,,,,,,,,

Wednesday. 1st November.

This morning I woke up too late to run over to the tarn for a photo fest. I looked out of the window and saw a real load of very very bright orange cobweb all over the log cabin.

" you..." said Lee "can clear up that bloody messy stuff"

So that is my mission. that and go up to the Chevin to see the witch tree.........


1 comment:

polkadothill said...

caroline's effigy is really something... so touching... I loved all of your decorations and the fact that you can use shunning to the best advantage......you are right about the pink and blue... usually I love pink... this was not the case! wonderful Halloween 2017!

An old one. Let's go Barbie!

aThe breakers yard,,,,,Lets go Barbie!........ A girly place to go!? ......well yes on this day     It turned out very well.  ...