Saturday, November 4, 2017

About a Friday in Otley.

Yeadon has its Christmas decorations up. I am now wondering if they are always up and I just have not noticed until tonight after the clocks changing and walking out of work into the dark. Very likely!

The now yearly mammogram is this morning. The letter inviting me to hospital has been under the calendar for weeks. It is the only time I remember now that I had cancer and am now living in remission....we still hope. I remember sometimes fleetingly when I try to bend down to pick up what I dropped....no way does the body bend down that far without falling over now.!!!. having said that....my balance was always dodgy and probably has nothing to do with it. My first sign that I was perhaps not all I should be was falling down in the street. I thought that I tripped on something......any way I fell over with a right bang and hit my head. There was no one about and it took me a lot of manovering to get myself back up. I carried on to work with a bleeding hand twisted knee and and bruising quickly following. Shortly before this my right foot had started to swell and turn back. I am told now that this was blood settling! so yes the signs were there if I could translate them.

I can not remember times scales now. But I do remember a mamogramme coming through for me to attend as routine because I had never had one up to this time. I cancelled it because we had no diesel in the van and no money to buy any.  This was thought of a okay by Lee , so I just did it. The nurse who answered the phone to my cancellation was quite rude and tutted alot. she asked if I wanted to rebook. I said NO.

About 6 months later I got another appointment from a another hospital ...Otley. This mamogramme was aimed at "ladies of my age" and was voluntary. I went just because......
After the main images had been taken the two nurses were looking at the screen........the atmosphere became tence. Nothing was said...just that I could now get dressed and the results would be with me by the week end. They actually came about two days later along with another appointment in two days time. This was the clue! they wasted no time after finding two tumours...quite big too.

so off we go to Otley hospital for my yearly check. This was reorganised for me as this is much easier for me than St James hospital in Leeds.
I took the camera out last night as Yeadon looks really good in the dark. I came out of work thinking about my appointment today. I have a slight dread but nothing serious.....I just keep thinking if they do find more cancer there is nothing I can do about it. It is what it is.

Friday 3 November 2017.

A Monza walk and then hospital. I was at the hospital for half an hour tops. On the way past the ticket machine to pay for parking a couple gave us their ticket for another hour and a half......we handed it on to another lady on the way out. there was still plenty time on it.
I was in and out in no time as there is not a lot left to photograph. The nurse had to ask which was the "real one" as my reconstruction is so good.
Luck I am.


Two pictures is all they needed this year. So we went into Otley and checked out junk shops and places for lunch and coffee........past the Chippendale statue by his old scholl . Now a bar called the Stew and Oyster. When I get paid I am going here.
a free Brownie with my coffee!?

yes please.
This place looks really lovely too...

Christmas is out in Otley.......and the market. We had sausage rolls for lunch whilst looking at the junk stalls.

Home to start planning the next stage of house decoration....Lee looks at me a bit "askew" as the cellar still needs turning into the laundry room I want ....the wood burner needs replacing and the bathroom re plumbing....so that we do not have to continue emptying the bucket under the sink. When this is forgotten the bathroom floods......

1 comment:

polkadothill said...

everything will get done, I just know it... happy about your cancer remission!! and, the question is... do they leave them up all year??

An old one. Let's go Barbie!

aThe breakers yard,,,,,Lets go Barbie!........ A girly place to go!? ......well yes on this day     It turned out very well.  ...