Thursday, May 14, 2015

A job interview ........then I went to pray.

 I dressed carefully today. I had a plan you see. I was going out to get a job. .....My intention was to wear white....all white. When I woke up to the weather through the french windows I realized that this was not a good look in the drizzle and cold. White skirt floating coat and sandals.......and very likely blue feet as an accessory!? no.
So I went for brown gypsy skirt with a suede coat and Liberty scarf........nothing blue, nothing borrowed and no white.
 I also wore every piece of my amber jewellery....that would be without looking like a celebration tree........into my handbag I put my lucky Casper doll, a primitive folk art  painted dog, a silver art nouveau inspired broach....usually I wear this....but had opted for an amber one from cornwall...........
I picked up my suede sketch book, and some knitting to take my mind off the total importance of the interview.
Into rusty the van we all climbed. Lee to drive and Monza the dog as moral support, after all he wanted to help all he could. This time Monza was very well behaved....so he can do it then! ..........He knew it was important you see.......
So They dropped me off in Ilkley. I went for a job interview, which can completely save us if I get this job.

I came from the interview and went to the church to pray. I have not done this since I left school. I am not a great one for belief or prayer, today I thought that I would give it a try. ....hundreds of years people have believed........so there I was in this beautiful church, alone with all of the elegant colour of stained glass and Celtic crosses.
 It was quiet, beautiful, and for a few good minutes I actually believed that I could get this job and make a great  contribution............Give me my daily bread.....PLEASE!
 the place for silent prayer and contemplation. ......only me in complete peace.
 These Celtic crosses are my favorites, and I have found a few!

 I love this piece, as it evokes to me the importance of these stones....and yes they would have been coloured just like this beautiful silk screen print by Joy godfrey.
 I love this church.

 If I get this job, I promise to always eat my lunch on the benches just here....Weather permitting......after all this is west YORKSHIRE!



Please let me get this job. Then I will be able to afford to eat sandwiches on the benches just by this fabulous church......oh and I can go to the old world haberdashery, linger outside Betty's and then buy fat rascals as a treat. Hey...now I am getting VERY ambitious.

3 comments:

polkadothill said...

praying too.......

sallyheatherelizabethtaylor.blogspot.co.uk/ said...

Sadly, I did not get the job. It was given to someone they already knew. Though I did get a fat rascal for my wedding anniversary this year.....

sallyheatherelizabethtaylor.blogspot.co.uk/ said...

Sadly, I did not get the job. It was given to someone they already knew. Though I did get a fat rascal for my wedding anniversary this year.....

An old one. Let's go Barbie!

aThe breakers yard,,,,,Lets go Barbie!........ A girly place to go!? ......well yes on this day     It turned out very well.  ...