Tuesday, May 1, 2018

character dolls on May the first 2018.

This is a Panre Character doll aquired from the Allerton cats protection shop in Bradford. She was £1.50. Which is not bad is it?
This is the first Panre Doll I bought. I found ger in a charity shop in Yeadon. I paid 75pence for her as she was considered "ugly". At this time I did not know What she was. I found this out later in the day after searching Google.

This little girl I found in a charity shop in Otley. upstairs in the stock room she was. In amongst a pile of crap cheap porcelain dolls. I had a friend with me on her last days of her holiday in Yorkshire who also collects dolls...........We knew what she was and I bought her without a quibble on the price.


So here are my first two at Kirkstall Abbey..... just down the road by Father's house. We parked up and walked across the road to the ruins carting these in my hand, with my camera in the other.

As I only have two hands Lee needed to help by holding the camera as I organised myself. He drew the line at holding any dolls especially these ones!. They look a lot like wayward babies from a distance.....and just plain weird up close in this situation.
I have been to Kirkstall Abbey many times to do this with various of my collection....I now need to go again to up date the pictures as I have another two of these dolls since this trip.





















It is May the second now and we are going to Kirkstall again today...however all the best plans go wrong when it pores with rain so we are now just sitting here watching the rain with a dismayed look on our faces whilst Monza sulks. The rain just ruins his hair.

So when the rain stops which could be any time.....days weeks.....hours. whatever I will update here.

By the way these dolls are Spanish Character dolls and are made in Alecante Spain. They are all different and from the 1980s. the same company Panre now make "reborn babies" These are no longer made. They turn up every now and then in charity shops and Ebay . I love them but I think they are an acquired taste.....

No comments:

An old one. Let's go Barbie!

aThe breakers yard,,,,,Lets go Barbie!........ A girly place to go!? ......well yes on this day     It turned out very well.  ...