Wednesday, May 23, 2018

Composition restoration doll.



This is how she arrived to me.  I have never done any restoration before so this is my first attempt.



I cleaned her head up with a bit of Surgical spirit and water with a cotton wool ball.


Her body is what looks like a home made replacement......Which I am keeping just as it is....








this is the dress she came in....i am keeping this too 

I bought some Milliput Compo as it is recommended for this kind of thing....





mixed it up and then applied it to the damaged areas......This picture shows it all before I smoothed it out and sanded it ....alot.



I also bought some acrylic model paint which I applied once the sanding was complete.....
This is as far as I have got with this doll. I need to repaint the eyes and lips....


No comments:

An old one. Let's go Barbie!

aThe breakers yard,,,,,Lets go Barbie!........ A girly place to go!? ......well yes on this day     It turned out very well.  ...