Thursday, May 10, 2018

My first very very old doll. A creepy doll.

Gans and Seyfarth  1908-1922. Gans &Seyfarth Puppenfabrik dolls.
Otto Gans and Hugo Seyfarth and Mr Heller formed this company in 1908. In 1922 Hugo Seyfarth formed a new company with  Mr Reinhardt.

Otto Gans of Walterhausen, Germany. made and exported bisque head dolls. child head dolls and babys. claims to have invented flirty eye dolls.
1901 Kammer and Reinhardt used Gans patented flirty eyes dolls as walking dolls with voice box.
1924 Gans  registered a trade mark of "bird on a shield". Some Otto Gans heads were made by Armand Marsaille doll mould 975.

This is as much as I can find out about this doll on the internet. I bought her because I wanted to own a composition doll and this one was a reasonable price "for restoration" I paid £5.50 for her. The top picture is as she arrived and below is how she turned out after a careful clean.
I only cleaned the head and intend to mend the body. I considered making a completely new body. The reason I liked her was because she looks old and warn. I like that! So no new body then.
Her dress is slightly stained as you see in this picture. I have managed to get out the stains and am now repairing the dress and bonnet.
This is my first very very old doll. I bought one the other week too but not as old as this one.
Her neck has G&S marked on the back. Gans and Seyfarth traded between 1908 and 1922 so that makes her older than 1922. I think more like 1910 as a guess because I can find no others quite like this with the cloth body.
A truely creepy doll.

This is a 22inch Armand Marsailles doll for Otto Gans from the 1929's. She has a bisque head and wood composition body.
This is a posibility of how she looked once.

1 comment:

polkadothill said...

good cleaning job! and mending.....!

An old one. Let's go Barbie!

aThe breakers yard,,,,,Lets go Barbie!........ A girly place to go!? ......well yes on this day     It turned out very well.  ...