Saturday, May 19, 2018

St. Oswolds. Guiseley.

A hot summer day. Far too hot to go anywhere with a large hairy German Shepard on the car so I settled for St Qswolds in Guiseley on the way to buy some lunch.
The church that Patrick and Maria Bronte were married in......So Lee parked up at the pub opposite (it was still closed! he just used the car park) and I went up the steps and followed in the footsteps of many weddings since this.
Patrick Bronte had a friend who he visited at Woodhouse Grove School, Guiseley. This is where he met Maria.
He married Maria Branwell on 29 th December 1812. He proposed to her at Kirkstall Abbey......













19th of May 2018. The day prince Harry marries Meghan. The light woke me up as the sun rose at about 5am. Going to be a beautiful day. And Yes I am going to watch the Royal wedding and YES!!! I have got a Barbie wedding display in my sunroom next to the front garden.
People are out all night bagging their place at Windsor great park. Some slept out all night. I am still in bed. Though I will be getting up to walk Monza before settling in front of the telly. I will see more than the people who are actually there me thinks.
"what yer bloggin' about now?" asked Lee as he brought tea. ...
" I will read it to you. Stop being a brat....."
" I got guttering to build. best get up and walk dog. ......it's every where this wedding...not interested. got stuff te do sos i can tek the car to bits...."

So yes enough said. get up. get dressed. put on flip flops.....drink tea.


No comments:

An old one. Let's go Barbie!

aThe breakers yard,,,,,Lets go Barbie!........ A girly place to go!? ......well yes on this day     It turned out very well.  ...