Thursday, May 3, 2018

May the fourth be with you.

So what have we woken up to today? well it is the first May bank holiday and the Tour De Yorkshire is on it's second day. This means for us mere ordinary people that can not even ride a bike that we need to stay home. The roads are closed and every beauty spot and house along the route is covered in yellow bikes. It also means for me personally that we will not be venturing to Otley this Friday. No twenty pence shop.......
The tour De Yorkshire starts in Barnsley and finishes in Ilkley taking in Otley on the way.....And the poor buggers are going past The cow and calf rocks.....My Fonz car struggles with this so how are bodies on bikes going to fare?
"are they doing the Otley Chevin as well" I asked Lee
"think so. the road is closed" stated Lee.
"that will sort them out then.......We can JUST about manage it in 3rd gear in the Fonz car."

I will admit that I did not take this photo today . I am not in a good state today. I am not ill as such I am just being shown who is boss by my decrepit female bodily functions. I am basically of "that age" and I am not going to ruin your breakfast or any other meal you might fancy by telling all. Some stand in a public cue in a public place and reiterate everything. I am going to spare you and myself this indignity. Lets just say that I am not ill though I do feel very very poxy. And I could not be bothered to get up and go out either.

May the fourth be with you.

Another reason for my wonky old body to feel terrible is this garden. I have been trimming and hacking and eliminating dandelions....some of them are not even mine...they just irritate me enough for me to bin them.

I am finally having this garden as I want it. this has taken ten years so far....

I have a fountain to go here in this pond. The plan was to have fish....they survived all this time up to a visit from a heron in the last two days. so I have no fish........I have bought one trellis and now can see that I need trellis all the way along. This should have been done ten years ago as well.......



So anything I do not like is getting taken to the tip and or cut down. This happened in the front garden as well last week......

What is happening with the Fenix car I hear you all ask.

Well.......this really. As it has been sat here since February the battery has gone flat. So Lee put it on to charge up inside the garage and to day he jump started the Fenix . when it was delivered it rattled. Now it really really rattles and loud too. It sounds like a  Bren gun. Neighbours thought it was a Bren gun and scuttled to take cover. Dogs barked and howled like Armageddon and  the ground shuck when Lee put his foot on the accelerator. it is without doubt much worse than when it was delivered.
Lee had better start work on it and quick.....I am "out" all day Sunday and Monday so he can get a good start on it. I am not here to want stuff doing and taking to the tip.........

what has he got to do? strip two V6 engines and make one good one out of them both. Me thinks a third engine may be employed yet.
More tea.Yes I will have a bucket mug please.

we are just listening to the radio......It is not the Otley chevin for the cyclists! going to be nuts though.
Ah yes more tea.
This is the route for this day......


Barnsley  Pennistone  Conisbrough  South Emsall   Pontefract  kippax   otley   Ilkley.............

And it is UP pool bank and UP the cow and calf rocks.  So the best of luck to them. I will be listening on the radio at home.

1 comment:

polkadothill said...

for some reason the photos are not posting.....pox!

An old one. Let's go Barbie!

aThe breakers yard,,,,,Lets go Barbie!........ A girly place to go!? ......well yes on this day     It turned out very well.  ...