Sunday, May 6, 2018

Ruth.

I have just put up the blog before this about the sun rise and sun. Lee asked what it was about. Well not a lot really. Flip flops pyjamas and swans...that sort of thing.

I started this one all about this doll Ruth. As blogger is becoming out moded the damn thing is not supported any more. And so...it destroys it's self if you press the wrong button. I frequently do and so I loose  quite a lot of my blogs before they are saved. What am I going to do when blogging is totally obsolete!? Also my fave photo programme is being retired too. pox on the modern world. I like my old stuff!!!

So back to Ruth doll. This writing on her back was one of the reason's I wanted her......
That and the fact that I have no other composition dolls of this age or any other come to that....
I think the dress is original. it is very warn with rips....
Painted face, Some of the others I looked up like this doll all have eye sockets and glass or tin eyes....this is what makes me think she is older than I thought. !920s? perhaps older....
Suspect a face repaint at some stage. I was going to even up the eye brows but decided to leave her just as she is
Ruth. Just as she arrived.

No comments:

An old one. Let's go Barbie!

aThe breakers yard,,,,,Lets go Barbie!........ A girly place to go!? ......well yes on this day     It turned out very well.  ...