Wednesday, May 9, 2018

Whilst waiting for the nurse.........


The day arrived for Lee's new medication to begin. At last. Really really AT DAMN LAST! He has been without meds since December when the decision was taken to change when the last ones started to fail. I think the process should have been quicker but as ever with the NHS Lee's case got lost in the mix and the new medication was not sent out as quickly as it should have been.  We are now at May 10th 2018 and it does need to be said that Prince Harry practically got engaged and married in this time it has taken to get these new meds and the nurse to come and over see the first dose!!!!



We knew the nurse was booked to attend Lee at 10.30. So I was up and putting out laundry. Lee made a lot of tea for our first morning dose and we took Monza out for his walk. It is still warm and sunny but a lot less of the burn we had over the week end.
Once home we opened up the log cabin and I got to it in the garden.....more weeds. more tip stuff from over grown trees......
The nurse arrived through the sun light holding her box of tricks. We greeted her enthusiastically....

" You have no idea how much we have looked forward to this!!!..........".

Lee launched into his previous medication history of which there is much and his hopes for this new one, which is another "biological drug" . There have been plenty of other different ones though it was another Biological drug that worked like magic in the beginning. Sadly over two and a half years it began to fail too.
The nurse says this happens, The professor and consultants say it happens. It does not make it any easier to deal with.
So Lee disappeared for a good hour and had a full instructional.



It is now the following morning. I have woken up Lee to see how and if the new meds are working.....

"blurr" said Lee and held up his hands for inspection. I could see that one hand was very much less like a pack of uncooked sausages and the swollen knuckles are a bit less. The other hand is still swollen and hurts a lot. Both wrists are still bad too.
" how's the feet?" I asked as he came back with tea...
" not bad. I don't think it has been a miraculous event but something is happening" he said getting out his tablet to watch you tube videos on how to fix up his Vauxhall Frontera he got for his birthday in February.
" I want to drive it! it is such a gurr...."

Feeling a bit better then . after more tea I can see that he is happier and "something" is happening.



 The nurse stayed with him for half an hour after the first administration to make sure that there were no bad effects and Lee filled the time by enlightening her on his Frontera restoration. his you tube videos were employed and all the photos.....
I got to the garden and removed everything that irritates me. If I do not like it and or the plant happens to be a dandelion it is a gonner this morning. I reorganised...dug...weeded...moved rocks and planned more lights. It is quite amazing how many bags of weeds one can acquire in one hour.....

This week it has "all started to come together". That would be work...garden...things that need fixing...and Lee.
"work" have cut over time out completely. This was a disaster when I first heard this news at a full staff meeting!! I like to work about 30-40 hours a week to keep the bank account full up and jangling.  I will not be working anything like that from now on. Well I hear you cry..."you were fed up with it any way!".....Well yes I was to be honest about it. So that is that situation fixed.
The garden ...I am finally after ten years getting it how it should be!....and the things that need fixing are getting done...like the boiler. This boiler was new and fitted by Eco green deals and  hot water gets very hot then cold mid hair wash in the shower.....This is what happened to the old one too.....so they are coming to fix that today.

This is why we have not been out and about. We are home getting fixed this week.

"do I get regaled!?" said lee
"is that it?" I said having read this.........

" yep. that's about it"

1 comment:

polkadothill said...

I am really hoping the new medication does the trick and you are inspiring me with the garden talk!

An old one. Let's go Barbie!

aThe breakers yard,,,,,Lets go Barbie!........ A girly place to go!? ......well yes on this day     It turned out very well.  ...