Wednesday, May 2, 2018

Cliffe Castle and all that..

To the supermarket by the Mosque we went clutching our new notes from the cashpoint. Sandwiches and blueberry muffins today. Then on to Cliffe Castle just by Keighley.
The last time I was here there was an Alice in Wonderland exhibition and trail for the kids to find out about it all. An anniversary of Lewis Carrol or some such thing. So that day I went equipped to be stared at with a white rabbit doll (I knitted him!) and my red Queen doll which I photographed out in the grounds. Today I had "a bag of dolls" but no theme to them this trip. Duce Gorgon with snakes on his green head.....and a Frankie Stein from Monster High and a bizarre choice a 1960's Rosebud doll. like I say no theme. I took them all Just because........
 We were just in time to find Cliffe castle closed on May 1st for refurbishment.  However......As we walked to the main gates through the old gardens and bird cages we noted this new atrium!!! look at this! loads of money spent here, and it is going to be fabulous. just being finished off, Some of the new cages and hutches were just being finished off and labels going up onto the cages....Birds and gina pigs and cute rabbits are going to live here.

The place was closed for refurbishment ...so here are some pictures I took of the Alice Exhibition on my last visit.......
 



 My knitted white rabbit .....

and the red Queen......



The old place was closed for just this day. so we did not get to go inside. This is okay as we discovered a huge pile more money had been spent on the grounds as we walked around the castle and down the steps this great water feature began to appear before our eyes.



Gorgeous is it not? as we walked up close I could see that it is "just water" with a fountain......no fish no plants and no messing about. just water.......this got me to thinking.......because this morning a heron came and ate all my goldfish that lived in my garden pond. I saw the bastard on the next door garage roof and said to Lee that it had come for the fish. So that leaves me with just a water feature too.......I bought a fountain a few weeks ago and need to get it working. .....and yes I do know it will no way look this good!!!!........
 Cliffe castle and a little Effanbee doll with cloudy eyes. I love this girl though......I made her a peter rabbit dress.....
 Cliffe castle park.....Rosebud doll from 1960's I think she may be a Kelly doll from Kellogs cornflakes coupons.....
 I made her a new dress as well...I do have the original.....



We went here instead of going to Sylvia Plath's grave at Heptonstall.  We were going the wrong way for Heptonstall once we set off to find a cash point........So I said we "would just go and see the dolls" on the first floor.

So here are some pictures I have taken on other visits here.......

 My red queen doll ......
 Dolls and teddys from Cliffe castles collection . They have a huge collection of toys dolls and dolls houses.......

 There is also a costume court and an art gallery on the old ball room....


and here is Lee on the grand old staircase......

 And so on to the pictures I took this day.......the beautiful new fountain and Frankie Stein from Monster High....

This blog is a bit of a mess up of everything. I have a messy head so what really do you expect.


So I leve you with Duce Gorgon at Cliffe Castle.


It is now the day we wait for Lee's new medication to be delivered. we have been waiting since December when this change was made...........so I finish this blog eventually as we wait.

No comments:

An old one. Let's go Barbie!

aThe breakers yard,,,,,Lets go Barbie!........ A girly place to go!? ......well yes on this day     It turned out very well.  ...