Monday, April 30, 2018

May the first. .



Composition doll Ruth. This is my first doll of this type. I have Just bought her even though I should be paying off my council tax bill. Council tax is not as addictive though.
I have lots of Barbie monster high Bratz dolls and a few plastic and vinyl dolls from 1950s and 1960s . This is my first composition doll. I was bidding on another Italian doll but I dare not rebid after I was outbid. Pox to money.........


This is why I wanted this doll

The writing on her back. Ruth  and I think New Baby?

I have looked to see if I can find another like her and perhaps identify the maker......
below are the two I think she MAY be......

Image result for effanbee composition dolls
horsman.                                                         Effanbee



Effanbee is my favourite as they did a Ruth doll in composition. Any way we might never know as she is not marked apart from the writing on her back.

So I have done it. She is bought and paid for. So it is too late to worry about it.
So on to my days off this week. Monza kindly reminded me that the sun comes up now at 5.30am and that it is the first of May and I should get my back end out of bed and go out.
So I did.
 Just in time I was . Just me a few dogs and very very cold atmosphere.............
 The swans out and about and the full moon still out......
 I managed to walk around the Tarn and get a shot of the moon and the Tarn ....with the sun rise reflected in the Boat house windows.

 The three Gemima ducks were out and about having an argument they were....
 Sunrise reflected in the windows.....
 And this morning I found the Swan's nest.......
 may the first. the sun is well and truely up and out. it is to be a gorgeous day.

I have no work until Friday. so I do not need to bother about not wanting to go in to work....one less thing to bother with. So off we go as Monza the dog has got us up now, Haworth here we come.  Just wondering if I can persuade Lee to go to Heptonstall as well to find the grave of Sylvia Plath?








1 comment:

polkadothill said...

the swan's nest!!! and the sun and the moon! nature at it's best!!!!!!!

An old one. Let's go Barbie!

aThe breakers yard,,,,,Lets go Barbie!........ A girly place to go!? ......well yes on this day     It turned out very well.  ...