Thursday, April 12, 2018

Tea, a hot dog and a blueberry muffin .

 Tea. As ever in copious amounts. These are more pictures I took at Oakwell Hall a couple of days ago. To day we are home putting up the zazzy light we bought after the visit to this old house. Modern beautifully designed and colour changing bulb it may have....open up like a funny UFO it does. Tell you what though it is not as fascinating as this old house we found out in the sticks near Birstall. In fact we have not even had the light out of the box to read the instructions.
We bought the inevitable hot dog at Ikea for lunch and then crushed around the store with families and menacing children on Easter holidays. Very very bizarre.
 Just half an hour earlier I had been inside this old house with a strange feeling of mistrustful  hesitance taking photos. I had reached the downstairs parlour and stepped as near to the wall that I dare to get a better angle on the room and suddenly the floor board gave way beneath me. It made a really load crack bang. I stumbled briefly and quickly stepped further over from where I wobbled.
I had just gone through a rotten floor board.
"yer've broke it!" said Lee
With that....and the sound of other visitors echoing from near rooms I would have thought the attendants would be running in to find out what the huge "bang" was. But no! no one else heard except us. We were in the room on our own. I decided that should be that for photos of that room and we quickly moved on.


 " yer went through that. I heard it crack" stated Lee.
Whoops. so upstairs we went. I had with me my mobile phone. I only use this to take photos. The arty stuff like this I do on my new camera. I photo information boards mainly on the mobile phone. As I was taking the pictures I noted that they were storing into the "camera circle " on screen and never gave it a second glance.
 I even did a short film on this mobile phone of the room that was set up for Charlotte Bronte .An actress as Charlotte was on a screen telling about her life at the time she was writing Shirley her famous novel based partly in this old house.
 From the window was a beautiful aspect of the garden which I also filmed and noted it being stored.
 By this stage I was very well aware that some one or something was with me every step. Extremely fascinated by my camera. And NO! it was not Lee. He has grown used to old houses camera and the accompaniment of a doll which I photograph. No. Not Lee. There was something else.
 It was waiting. for what? well in retrospect I think it was for me to "see" it. I do not meddle with any "other world echo" stuff so I kept on my way without any acknowledgement. I was not going to let it know .
 I went through a couple of old doosr to use the rest room. This was the only remotely modern part of the house and the plumbing was as dodgy as you like. The light was also weird. Dark but illuminating . The mirror about the sink looked old. When I looked into it my face was very very clear and I could see that I had not put on my make up at all as I thought. I was wearing pink and purple eyeshadow, very very over blushed cheeks and my lipstick had faded looking like I had been eating sandwiches........Basically I looked like a mad old woman with my hair all askew.
 Well yes! I hear. You do wear pink and purple eyeshadow and your hair is permanently a right mess.
But not like the mirror image. no. because I was not wearing pink and purple eye shadow and I had not yet eaten lunch.
 After this was the ghost room where a telly screen had actors telling a story in costume. again I filmed this on my mobile phone...thinking that I would watch in detail later on
 Each room I went into I was either on my own or Lee was the only other person. We could hear others but did not encounter anyone else upstairs at all........
 The floor boards continued to creak behind me though. some of the times it was Lee. others I know he had gone on a head.
 When it came time to go back down the stairs I did not want to go down them. Yes I really mean I did not want to go down those stars. My feet just would not take the first step down. I thought I would fall.
 As you know if you read this blog. My balance is not good anyway. but that is usually going UP not down. as I hang on to the banisters and go down one step at a time. My feet would not even do this today.
 Mind over matter. I stepped out and went down one stair at a time. There was some thing behind me. And it did not want me to stay up right.
So we reached the entrance hall again and I took a few last pictures on the camera and we left through the door we entered.
The back door crashed open just as we were leaving and a member of staff let the door slam behind them. now that scared the hell out of me.
Back at the car I got out my phone out to check on photos.

there were none. not one photo from this house taken on this day was on my phone. anywhere.


Yes we did put up the light today.

I also got a price and finally ordered a new sunroom. A whole new sun room on the front of the house as the existing one has been beaten up by the Yorkshire weather since the 1970s and the roof leeks.
work starts in about two weeks on that one,

So. the damn mobile phone. Lee reset it back to its factory settings. I had nothing to loose after all.
I took some photos of the light being fitted and they are just fine.




No comments:

An old one. Let's go Barbie!

aThe breakers yard,,,,,Lets go Barbie!........ A girly place to go!? ......well yes on this day     It turned out very well.  ...