Saturday, April 28, 2018

Junk and recycling. A very good dolly day in Yorkshire.

I have been home most of this week as hours at work are in short supply. Oh well...garden and doll room redesign here I come.
I got up when I woke up and employed the old trick of street clothes over pyjamas and a camera.
These photos are all taken from my camera now as I managed to send my mobile phone to the tip tangled up with ivy and clematis. And yes I am very hacked off by this as the damn thing was a really good camera and had a big screen. Lee bought it for my Christmas present because it is the same as his and is compatible with the drone we got for christmas.


Now I have a pox ridden tiny £11.00 Asda excuse for a thing. It is crap. But it is my fault for loosing mine!
so dawn dawned and then we came up with a plan for the day.
I was tipped off about some great charity and junk shops I had not been to......Allerton cats protection shop in Bradford for starters!!!!
So this is where we started. Eventually....as GPS took us around a few times before we found it all tucked away in an old mill building.

The lady who told me about this said it "was like a rabbit warren on two floors"......It did not disappoint. it is like a rabbit warren and it is stuffed full of glorious treasures.



I was very tempted by this old sewing machine....but I did not buy. Though I will if it is still there on my next visit!

So what did I buy? ...This Monster high doll....
 a small Barbie fold out house in the shape of a castle in a suitcase....a Marilyn doll....in really good condition with shoes and fur wrap....£3.00!!!!

A Spanish character doll from the 1980s. Panre doll an "expression doll" £1.50.!!!!!!! again in really good condition......

This place only takes cash. so we had to go and get some and then go back for these treasures.
Whilst we were out and it was raining anyway we went to Farsley to another old mill to a recyling shop that we had on our list to go to but never done.
It is Friday and we usually go to Otley. This week we went to Bradford and Farsley.

 We parked up in the visitors space at this old mill and walked up through the buildings to the recyling shop......





opened the door and there it all was!!!!!! piles and piles of "stuff" for projects and general addiction twitching....

Stuff!!!! just masses of Stuff!!!! wonderland of stuff...stuff and more stuff.

Loads of old dummies.......I love these......



Things made out of other stuff......













Did I buy anything? no. but I will when I can decide what!!!!!!

I can spy loads of stuff just looking at these pictures.


So whilst we were in Farsley in the rain we went to Bonds Haberdashery. This is an old addiction and I was surprised and delighted to find it moved to the next door shop where it's owner has a proper haberdashery laid out as my old work place Mitchells of Bath was.

 We walked past the husband creche which I noted was still there!!! we have not been to Farsley for a few years. We nearly bought a house here. An old school house......which I noted was also up for sale again.
 New shop!!!! all beautiful and displays include old sewing machines. The owner has abour 150 and "just likes them"
I can tell you the new shop is totally sensational!!!!!








This is the basements. the main floor is even more sensational!!!!


A good dolly day then......






Image result for farsley old school house

This is the house we very nearly bought. it is old . it is gorgeous. BUT......and this is the but! it has no garden...no parking and the roof was totally shot. I loved it though. It was no use to us as at the time we had a big van to park up a dog who needed a garden and it is too small for my junk collection. oh and it is straight onto a fast main road......





No comments:

An old one. Let's go Barbie!

aThe breakers yard,,,,,Lets go Barbie!........ A girly place to go!? ......well yes on this day     It turned out very well.  ...