Tuesday, April 3, 2018

A bit different . out and about again.

 First I will start with this picture I took at Bolling Hall in Bradford on Sunday. A civil war re enactment and how life would have been living at the hall in those days. Well I can say this...I have been spoiled by modern life and would really not want to live in those days after being used to my modern shower plumbed in toilet and running water to a sink!!! not to mention My kitchen and micro wave. I am not much of a cook and can tell you the results from the kitchen in those days would have been very sorry had it been left to me to feed the household. Not a great fan of skinning rabbits and defeathering birds I am. No not at all. Though I suppose I would if I had not been spoiled by Marks and spencers food hall.
Any way. We had just come out of the old hall and were heading back to the car when I spotted one of the soldiers from the reenactment having been out to the car park returning to a secret door........
 And now today it is Tuesday of the Easter break and I spotted the sun coming up and looking very beautiful so I ran out still in pyjamas and took some photos. Yes back on the old pyjama trick again.
 I did not plan this which was why I had one pyjama leg hanging out over my boots. Yesterday was a real pox of a day with snow followed by sleet followed by torrential rain. So when I saw something completely different I just went for it.
 The jetty at the tarn is completely covered in water.....all the snow has been washed into it and the paths were quite flooded too....
 There were a few people and dogs as ever but not a lot.
 Quite warm. By "quite warm" I mean that I did not need to wear gloves and was quite okay in pyjamas out and about. That is quiute warm for around here.
 I have not a lot of work this week.....so off we go out and about with Monza dog.
 My vote for the day is a bit of "junking" in Otley. School holidays so the pickings in Charity shops are a bit mean but the 20pence shop does beckon.
 The old Manor house in Ilkley is finally re opening on Thursday too....it has been closed for about two years. Alan Titchmarch took up the cause and now it is finally getting the attention it needs.
 So out we go. camera and Monza dog in hand.
First we have tried phoning up about Lee's new medication. He has been without for about a month now. He really is not good. Just tried phoning his nurse. straight to answer phone. so keep at it.

Lee is okay for driving and drinking coffee in Wetherspoon's in Otley. So it is just as well that I do not have much work. I can keep his company on this lovely day
 A nice surprise. 

1 comment:

polkadothill said...

it's warm enough for no gloves! that is good!! keep the photos coming for us here in the states! here is hoping lee gets his medication asap!

An old one. Let's go Barbie!

aThe breakers yard,,,,,Lets go Barbie!........ A girly place to go!? ......well yes on this day     It turned out very well.  ...