Sunday, September 30, 2018

The dolls house .

 A lot of tea at dawn this morning. I did not miss it I just did not go out . I put on the washing and the slow cooker instead. This means clean clothes and food. It was one or the other. I chose the food thing for later.
Yesterday I took loads of photos anyway so There is no shortage of new pictures as we went out to the sticks and stones near Haworth to pick up a dolls house. This was arranged for me from one of the "free to collect" sites on the computer. Do I need another dolls house? no really no...BUT....my little dolls are all in a plastic box not having any fun so when I have done it all up...this will be their new home.
First we had to find the farm to collect it from. so off we set with an excited Monza dog and drove out into the country across the moor past Bingley.
 This is proper Yorkshire, and tourists would call this "Bronte country" we just call it home. This is why I came back really. I grew up on a farm in the sticks up on the moors by Whitby. I was living in Cornwall....which is very beautiful too how ever it is not Yorkshire and of course the people are all Cornish too. To day was a real treat of a trip out. Monza dog heartily agreed and barked himself into a gruff woof.
 The closer we got to our destination the more excited he got. To the point where he was trying to get out of the car window. ....Had he been here before?
 He was so excited he was howling at one point. I have certainly never brought him this way before...we have been to Haworth with him but not this far out in the country....
 This is a little Monster high doll I found in Otley on Friday....
 So...Had Monza been here before. I would say yes from his reactions . We rescued him about seven years ago he was found stray and starving in Leeds. we bought him from Dogs trust.
 Monza is a pedigree long haired German Shepard. He is a huge beautiful dog. From his reaction today I would say he was bred here. Possibly on one of the farms we passed......when we got to the farm we collected from he was barking and howling so much the car was rocking....
 out past keighley and Howarth in a farm up a farm track with a lot of cows and sheep......
 There were hens wandering about too. Monza was now frantic to be let out. when we parked the lady came out of the house and gave me the dolls house. I dare not even mention the jumping car and monza barking out of the window......
 I looked up German shepard breeders out this way and there is one who is specific to long haired German Shepards. not far from where we stopped either. So we will never know... for sure but I think it is where Monza dog was born out this way.
 As a pedigree pup he would have cost someone a lot of money......so weather he was bought and then taken to Leeds as a pet, and the owners discovered how huge he got or that he was used as a guard dog and then abandoned because they could not control him I can only guess at. Some of his training when I first met him was some what dubious at best.
 He was certainly used as a guard dog and tied up and starved that is without doubt. He has also been taught to attack and steal. Both of which he does not do to me....He is fine with me. Though I am pretty much the only person he likes. oh and he loves Lee too. He spends most of his time with Lee fixing up stuff in the garage.....
 Any way we drove around for a fifty mile round trip to pick up the dolls house....
 We pulled over in the Fonz car with monza and I took some really great photos on the way around.....



And here is the dolls house....




Free it was. It was from toys r us and the whole thing will be just fine when I get to work on it.
I am still fixing up A 1930's doll, but I have a new set of days off coming up so this will be ideal for all the bits a pieces of fabrics and wall papers I have collected. My little dolls will be pleased to be out of the plastic box too.
So ....I have discovered another piece to the puzzle of Monza. We will never know for sure but I think His reaction tells me all I need to know. Other places he has a reaction to are Harehills in Leeds. He is just plain scared there...where as here he was pleased to see it all.

No comments:

An old one. Let's go Barbie!

aThe breakers yard,,,,,Lets go Barbie!........ A girly place to go!? ......well yes on this day     It turned out very well.  ...