Wednesday, September 12, 2018

Out.

Monza dog was completely insistent that I cooked his chicken upon my return yesterday lunchtime. There was no option as he sat in the kitchen giving me the German Sheperd  Yoda mind trick until I complied. He has me very well trained does Monza dog. So Chicken and his medicine for his legs it was. Old is Monza dog, though now I have got him some medication from the vets for arthritis he is bouncing about a bit easier. We were also told that weight loss would benefit him a lot. So on a diet he is...I have cut down his food intake...he is a little smaller ...hence why the insistence that he has his food NOW!!!!
So that done All was quiet until it came time for our dinner.......


" Oh goody "stated Lee as he noted me writing this blog...."do I get regaled?".......
Well I have not written a blog of any use for about a week. I have been out early but not to take photos. This is our day off and we are going out "somewhere". I have started the day as I like to do...walking around the Tarn and taking along a doll or two to photograph with the sun coming up in the dawn light.
This day there were no pretty colours in the sky but I went any way.The walk settles me down for the day....seeing all the birds and the quiet fresh air works magic on me.
The news yesterday is that Olivia Newton-John's cancer has returned for the third time. This lady was successfully treated for breast cancer and started a wellness clinic and spa for cancer sufferers in Australia.  She is now seventy years old (or so) and looks fabulous. Her cancer has returned. I was diagnosed and treated a mere three years ago.....Olivia went about twenty five years......She was my hope and inspiration a bit. I can not afford all the expensive treatments so just go with it every day. Lately I have not been as happy as I was. This news makes me think.....Get up...get on with it and make the most of each morning as it dawns.
I never know how long my respite will last. I tell you this though. If I get ill again we loose everything. If I can not work in my crappy job I can not earn the money we need to live......So get up and go on out and enjoy it.
 I got up to put on street clothes whilst it was still dark and the garden lights were on... I have learned not to embarrass myself by going out in pyjamas.....I look like a "right crazy old bag"......We can not have that now can we?.I then started to faff about redressing "hello Hollywood" Gene Marshall doll and by then there was a lot more light....but still not a sensational morning. Never mind I thought and patted Monza dog and headed out to the tarn with two Gene Marshall dolls this day.


 I could see the old guys in the hut /boat house and walked over the other side  and saw the lights reflected in the water......this was the only colour this morning. lights from the boathouse.





 The ducks and swans were all by the boathouse too as the old guys were flinging vegetable bits into the water.........there is now a notice up about feeding the birds....NO BREAD! it is very bad for them......I have been here ten years now and people throng to this Tarn with bags of bread and this notice has only just appeared!??? it also says no cycling on the road in big white letters. no one takes much notice of either notice unfortunately.
 The old guys said "good morning Sally.....that it for today? no it is not great is it?" 
 and with that I came home to drink tea.
Monza dog was waiting at the top of the stairs and Lee was already drinking tea.....
Now...lets get to it. I wanted to go to Mount Grace Priory up by Northallerton This is an hour away......on the google maps thing anyway.......I have decided that this way too much hassle and expense. So we are having more tea and the going to Skipton instead. There is a castle....a canal.....(water!!!!) junk shops and three churches. Oh and of course a Boyes which sells air brush paint........all of this just twenty minutes from my door.

Oh by the way there is a rather sensational woodland walk by the castle too,,,,,and ....get this....Lee has agreed that I can pay to go inside the castle!!!!! pay???? yep...pay.

" I did??? "
" yep. Last night.........."

No comments:

An old one. Let's go Barbie!

aThe breakers yard,,,,,Lets go Barbie!........ A girly place to go!? ......well yes on this day     It turned out very well.  ...