Thursday, August 16, 2018

The Armouries

 The weather is bordering on crumby. What to do today? The Royal Armouries in Leeds! It is Free entry and we have only been once before and that was a good ten years ago now.  The only thing that bothered me slightly was leaving Monza dog. As it turned out this too worked out just fine as he stayed in the car in the car park and had a doze for an hour.

This amazing and breath taking building was purpose built as this museum. £42.5 million pounds this cost.  I told Lee this. I can not get over it!
So really I was expecting total knock out wow bonza bingo birty fabulous for that.....

This is the main stairwell and has a pirimid mirror reflecting all this up to the sky. I kept saying "look at this!" which must have been really irritating.....
But any way...Look at this!!!!!! I took loads of pictures here but I only use two....as there is the rest of this vast building to get through.





This collection was previously housed in storage at the White tower at the Tower of London.
Designed by Dereck Walker and Buro Happold and constructed by Alfred McApine in 1996.
It is huge. it is very semetrical and very ordered......
purpose designed to display these arms.
Truely sensational it is.











































I took loads of photos. We resisted the cafes and got lost in the lifts...yes. I managed to get lost in a lift. Let me qualify that. I can get lost any where. I am hopeless. So getting into the wrong lift was inevitable. I like stairs.
We spent about an hour here. We went over the hour parking time and had to pay for two hours which is £4.00!!!! we think that is a lot. but I guess not really as for that we got to see all this.
So off we went back to the multistory park and drove all around Leeds to get back to Kirkstall road. We do not go into Leeds very much. I have come to the conclusion that we should! after all John Lewis opened a new store and I have never been to that.

No comments:

An old one. Let's go Barbie!

aThe breakers yard,,,,,Lets go Barbie!........ A girly place to go!? ......well yes on this day     It turned out very well.  ...