Monday, August 27, 2018

Harrogate. Good posh Harrogate in the rain. 2018.

 Harrogate. Good posh Harrogate on a rainy cold August bank holiday Sunday. Apart from the rain dripping down my neck it was lovely as always. And some of the charity shops were open. I bought The doll that looks like Justin Beber. It is meant to be Emma Watson from the Disney latest version of Beauty and the beast.


 It is now Sunday evening and we have all eaten dinner followed by not wanting to watch the Raiders of the Lost ark film on telly again. I have these movies and watch them anyway.......So Harrogate on a very wet day on August bank holiday. In the photos it does not look too wet.....well it was okay so long as we kept walking fast and diving into some of the open junk shops on the way past.


The theatre was actually closed this day.....this is a picture I took of Gene doll on a different visit. As you see the sun was out during the heat wave we had in July. Another world it was in July. Like a Greek holiday resort.....


 And again...this one was in the sun in july too. probably my birthday as I was on "holiday" for that too

This Gene doll in Montpelier ......This girl is "love Paris" .......in the hot sun. To day it is very different and we are both wearing winter coats and boots. There are still a lot of tourists in all weather coats and umbrellas.....

 There are a lot of pavement cafes in chic Harrogate....not a lot of sitting out being done to day though......on we went fast through the drips......
 This is a fave interesting street heading down towards the older part of town...art gallery and victorian arcade gardens......
 love the look of all these bars....one day.....when I have some money and I treat myself to a glass of wine again. I promise myself that I can have a glass of lovely wine again and move the day further into the future. Now that I have a future! and That lovlies is how I keep off the alcohol. I have not given up drinking I am just not drinking at the moment. One day I will treat myself.
 So past all the beautiful and expensive interior house shops....they are gorgeous but way way to posh for me....and would this look good covered in dog hair?
 Really huge flower baskets enhance Harrogate at every turn..........
 A rain spot on my camera lenze.....Lee pointed out to me that my camera is getting wet and that I could wreck it for ever.....so as it is my pride and joy next to Monza dog obviously.....I put it away....
 Then I felt kind of lost with out it and got it out again as it stopped raining a bit.....so here we are at the huge Crown hotel on the way to the very huge Valley Gardens.....

 Autumn is just beginning to show on this beautiful street.....
 Rain spots on my lenze again...oh dear.....this is the museum. Which we will not be going inside today as it costs money.......and Lee is not into paying for anything today..
 Grand door way.....
 valley gardens at last......it does not look like iut but now it began to really hammer with rain and it began to soak upwards.....
 Now this is how I want my garden. ...No? Well it all grows here in Harrogate...which is about twenty minutes from my garden...so why not? well the difference is that this is sheltered in a valley, hence the name of the gardens....I live up by and airport and we get a lot of wind......
 The doll I rescued for one pound earlier in the day......
 sheltering from the rain and contemplating getting a lot wetter....
 looks beautiful. It is beautiful...just very damp.
 Just inside the arcade we found a few folorn artists having an exhibition and trying to sell their work. not a lot of people about. I think most are at Leeds festival. They will definately be in wellington boots by now......
 We started to head back to the town.....
 we did not think we could be any wetter,....
 looks like a rain forest? it was like that ,yes.
 Back towards the city centre.....
 empty pavement cafes.....
 the stray.......

 Betty's tea rooms....
 Luckily or it was planned...which ever! the cue waiting to go inside was under cover......
"was it this Betty's we went to? it was. yes with Charlotte and you did not eat all your fat rascal......you saw the bill? yep that would make you shake....It was about £60.00 for four coffees and four fat rascals......"
 Back to the centre....War memorial.....

 Church. it being Sunday we did not risk going inside...
 Some statues on the shopping arcade....this is still being renovated. no shops open yet. bought by sports direct acording to the boards....
And back to the Fonz car. Monza was not pleased with us. We did not walk him before we came ......it was way too wet to leave a long haired German Shepard ...which he is.....and 77 years old as he is wet through in a car....so we kept him dry and took him for his walk after our visit to Harrogate. He sulked but saw my reasoning once he had done one circuit of the old grave yard. He looked like a drown rat. Then of course he sulked even more until I gave him some warm chicken and rice for his lunch.......


1 comment:

polkadothill said...

what fun photos from Harrogate, despite the rain... so nice!! love the one pounder doll!!!

An old one. Let's go Barbie!

aThe breakers yard,,,,,Lets go Barbie!........ A girly place to go!? ......well yes on this day     It turned out very well.  ...