Sunday, August 19, 2018

I looked out....I went out. ...BUT...oh heck.......

I looked out to dark and twinkling garden lights still on in the grey dawn. There were no bright colours and not a lot of colour at all in fact once the garden lights went off.
I walked over to the Tarn and looked...took one photo of my old composition doll against the grey and turned to go home for tea.
" not a lot doing today" I said as the old guy aproached
" no sunrise te day . grey over. Which doll yer got te day? ah old un eh? 1930's composition ? oh eye....yer repair 'em eh? is that what yer do wi' 'em all...gives yer somer't te do eye. Ah likes me garden me. just bought a big stone from up't road by cemetery. right proud I am....Right bad when it all gets away from yer. hapened te me....ah fixed it now. right good it is..."

Last night after all I did not sleep that well again and got up to my old tricks buying stuff on Ebay. This then results in me having to admit all the money I spend like a confession to Lee over tea at dawn. This day he was not too cross...but then I did not tell him about the other two dolls that I could win later today.....so any way here is the composition doll in need of a repaint that I bought last night.


Needs a good going over with acetone......




otherwise not in bad nick at all.....
This day I went out. came home and drank tea. noticed lee was still asleep and woke him up to also drink tea.


This is the one photo I took this morning. This is a composition doll that I previously repaired and repainted.

These two are the only composition dolls I own so far. though last night I did work on some more by bidding and loosing a few times too. At least I had the gumption to walk away when the bidding went up and up....These composition dolls are getting really popular suddenly!






This is how the doll was originally just as she arrived.






 I was intending to leave her looking like this and then I got some Milliput repair mixture....and was hooked.
 very very addictive. so be warned.


I have woken up Lee. He made me more tea.
"what yer bloggin' about? yer been out? yer did? yer bought a doll? how much? how much???? yer do't usually pay that do yer? What/ when? friday! Is it a project? yer can? Oh HECK"

1 comment:

polkadothill said...

I could not agree more!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! addictive it is!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! super dolls!!!!!!!!!!!!!

An old one. Let's go Barbie!

aThe breakers yard,,,,,Lets go Barbie!........ A girly place to go!? ......well yes on this day     It turned out very well.  ...