Thursday, August 2, 2018

A perfumed box.

 I have been checking a tracking site about twenty times a day for the last ten days! This box was in customs for two days alone. Today suddenly it was here!  The parcel force tracking site said it would be delivered between 2pm-3pm.  These days you are even told the name of your delivery driver. So Nigel had this box at my door by 12.34. I managed to slip past Monza and close the door to the house so he could not eat the delivery blokey.
" thank you sooo so much ! you are early. You are well ahead yes! I am so pleased. I have been waiting for you!"
Lee had only just gone. He loaded the car with all the scap on his own. There was no way I was leaving my view of both doors!. When I phoned him I could hear that he was at the weighting in place and had no time to talk. I did impart the information that THE BOX HAD ARRIVED!!!!!
 I was quite calm initially. So I made a cup of tea and armed myself with my old scissors. No I was not going to use my sharp dress making scissors to cut cardboard!....I remained quite calm whilst I cut the lid off the box......as I opened it a whaft of expensive perfume filled the air and I saw the Rose doll from Titanic close up and beautiful. Then and only then did I start to squeal.... Monza thought I was being attacked and barked. He quickly realised that this was a girly human "thing" and settled down to watch me over his paws.
First out of the box was a 1950's bride doll in the style of a Toni doll. I do not think it is one, but it looks so like them that it does not matter either way. I have other English dolls from this time, and this is my first American 1950's doll. She looks a bit like Elizabeth Taylor doesn't she?
 Then the girls started jumping out very fast. Gene Marshall by Mel odom!These dolls apeared in 1997 as collectable dolls for adults based on the heady days of Hollywood old movie stars. This one is "Hello Hollywood"  circa 1941. This is Gene after her discovery in New York arriving in Hollywood.
 Rose from Titanic movie. ...Now this is a totally fantasically beautiful doll with lots of clothes and shoes which came with her in tissue.......She is "The Kate Winslet doll" to have I think! I carefull got her out of the box and unwrapped the beatiful reproduction of the red evening dress she wears when she first meets Leonardo De Caprio(or his character) and he rescues her.
 Gene Marshall "tea at the Plaza" doll....Circa 1943. Gene has invited a journalist and gossip column writer. I would think based on Heda Hopper. to meet her for tea at the Plaza.....
 Gene Marshall "will you marry me?"...Circa 1920s via 1940's. Gene from her Film Ida Best as a bride.
 Gene Marshall "Love Paris" ...Circa 1947. Shows Gene in an outfit given to her by a french designer.
 Gene " breathless"....Circa 1956.  This is Gene on her way to a Hollywood party. She looks totally breathtaking.
 Gene .... This one I do not know what she is....yet!

And Gene "Monaco" a bride doll circa 1950 dress as worn in her film of the same name.

That was what was inside the perfumed box that came from California. I busied myself photographing each one as she came out of the box........

 Then I did some "arty stuff"......




 And took Rose out into the garden.... Yes this is the same garden as I have been working on for months, years,,,, and all time. This is it! There is still much more I want to do with it....but not today, I have dolls to rehome.




As it was such a beautiful day I then headed off to the Tarn park.

 With "breathless" and this doll is very! I flip flopped along to the Tarn. It was late afternoon.I am used to Early mornings and had forgotton about the hoards of people about.

 So I made a quick get away.
The box has arrived. This is what is inside. Now you know.

No comments:

An old one. Let's go Barbie!

aThe breakers yard,,,,,Lets go Barbie!........ A girly place to go!? ......well yes on this day     It turned out very well.  ...