Wednesday, August 15, 2018

Dolls , dogs and a day out.

I had already been out and about with my camera. I missed first light and the sun rise This day.  early but not my usual first light pictures.  I am tired. So I am trying to be kind to myself.

 So once around the tarn this morning, home for breakfast and then a dog walk.....


Monza was delighted! I have not been around much for his walks in the mornings lately. He likes his ride in the fonz car too.

 It was quite a dull cloudy day with brief hot spells. We were both wearing coats which we kept having to take off....

I had a couple of rescued Barbie dolls in my basket. This one is Teresa in one of the knitted outfits I make in the dead of night.

After this we went to the Chevin and parked up on Birdcage walk. Lee and Monza stayed behind and I went up the steep path to the White house on my own holding a Gene doll and Rose doll in a box for later......

Monza really wanted to come too. This would not be wise. He does not like people much!

 Gene doll here on the path up to the white house. It was about quarter of the way up I discovered that flip flops in the drizzle rain are not at all practical. kind of one step up and slither back one all the way squelching slightly and discovering I am actually not that fit for climbing up rocky paths...... still I got the photos I wanted though. A young guy with a back pack passed me. The back pack part is the clue here.

Key hole view through the trees of Otley......

Monza dog looked on. He thought me very funny. well I do not think he would have faired too much better....he is quite old now. He doesn't look it . I have had him for nearly six years  and they at Dogs Trust thought he was about four years old at the time. 

 Any way... I got to the bit of the path that leads through the court yard of the White house visitor centre...
 Around by the view where the cafe tables are.... The people who run it all were just setting up and having a gossip as I passed with my doll in one hand and camera in the other. I expect they have seen it all before by now. They have not seen me before here with a doll......

  fabulous view over Otley. Here is Rose (from Titanic) in her travel outfit.
 I went to the top of the path. I thought about going up as far as the steps up to the "hell's teeth" fence which looks like old devils teeth and is in fact a series of stones which is an ancient fence to stop cattle falling over the edge........I thought better of it and walked back down the modern path made for wheel chairs!!!!!


 This area I think is where They make stuff... like stone walls and sculptures....
 A bit further on .....this beautiful Yorkshire stone wall.....


 As I say a very moody day.....

 Lee and Monz just waited for me. I was only about 20 minutes. Then we quickly went to Otley.......
 I saw this building from the White house up on the Chevin. I did not even know it was there. An old Methodist chapel now converted into flats....so we went to have a look before heading over to the Victorian arcade.
I was not allowed into the old curiosity shop. Lee has sussed out that I plan to buy the 1920.s composition doll. It is a big fat NO! as we have no money until I am paid again in three weeks. So if it is still there in three weeks I have a better chance!
Then the 20p shop. Here I bought  9 old Vogue magazines and a pewter mug . £2.00 and we could only just carry them between us......
Home! and a big cooking extravaganza. I like to cook but have not been around much. we have been living on Pizza and quick microwave rubbish. So I set about cooking some dinners for the freezer and Monzas lunch. This is why he is laying on the floor with the expression he has....
This photo  is a not very interesting Tarn at silly oclock this morning. It was still dark as I went our and the swans were floating and sleeping by the jetty still.


 They do have a house/nest further down the bank. I think If I were a swan this is how I would sleep too....
 Any way I am now back home again...I have had breakfast...organised the house...hoovered...put out washing and it is still early.
 We plan on going into Leeds today. It is too damn early yet. There is nothing open.
 Wednesday morning. very early. 

No comments:

An old one. Let's go Barbie!

aThe breakers yard,,,,,Lets go Barbie!........ A girly place to go!? ......well yes on this day     It turned out very well.  ...