Friday, August 17, 2018

Dolls and dogs.

 I can still smell the curry I put in the slow cooker yesterday. I have washed up and started again this morning but the aroma is still out there. I put on the slow cooker again with a stew inside and grabbed my camera .
Off I went to the Tarn as the light was good today and discovered the battery in my camera was almost dead. So only two pictures today! well at least it stopped my habit of taking far too many.....

The old guys were already seated outside the boat house when I appeared. They got out for 5.30am. I stopped to dress in street clothes so was a bit later. I still got there in time today." did yer get a good photo? " they asked.

I set off around the paths and contemplated Monza dog. He is now quite old. He is not looking his age but the fact remains. I think too that there is arthritis in his back legs as in the last couple of days it really shows as he walks with a kind of twist on one side. We need to take him to the vets. This is a dread as poor Monza has to be muzzled. In his younger years he bit the vet and he has not been forgiven. To day we go to book an appointment and talk to them on how we are going to achieve this. They have an "old dog check" for dogs over 5 human years. so we need to get some "samples" for analysis too.....so here goes today. Monza likes me and Lee but even in old age he will not like this vet!

I am still trying to order my doll collection. It is (mostly) housed in the loft conversion. However....every other room also has a collection too. I have come to the conclusion that I have too many. Some of the modern Barbie dolls are going to Ebay........
This is my Bratz doll collection and these were my first love. This collection stays. I also have an eye out for the new Bratz doll return coming out this September. There is not a lot of space left...so best make some!

 All of these dolls were bought from junk shops locally .....I used to pay 99p each for them. They are a bit more rare now as the old ones are not made anymore so sometimes I have to pay as much as £2.99 each....Having said that....the 20p shop in Otley has heralded about ten over the time it has been there......
 Yes that is a Bratz car. I found that in the tip shop at Kirkstall. It is a radio. I discovered why it was in the tip! it turns it's self on. mostly in the dead of night. To stop this I had to take out the battery!



 I also have a few My Scene dolls here. I call these "big Bratz". they are in fact Mattel produced dolls like Barbie. Produced as a rival to Bratz.......
 These are not made anymore either.
So here they all are. This is just the Bratz collection...and by the way there are a few more down in the living room too.
So up I am with the sun...and now it is Otley and taking Monza to the vets. This is going to be a performance. Has to be done. So best get to it.

1 comment:

polkadothill said...

oh, hope Monza will be okay with the muzzle... must be done, right... I adore your dolls and all of the clothing and the stands.. and of course, the haunted car!

An old one. Let's go Barbie!

aThe breakers yard,,,,,Lets go Barbie!........ A girly place to go!? ......well yes on this day     It turned out very well.  ...