Thursday, February 1, 2018

The moon. Ilkley and Yeadon.

 
The moon was still out and it was dark when I was woken by the alarm. I set it for six forty five in the hope that I could get some pictures of the sunrise. I jumped out of bed and armed my camera and put on coat and boots over the spotty pyjamas. Yes!  that old trick....It was very cold and frost was on the roofs and under foot. I headed towards the moon first which led me into the centre of Yeadon. the street lights were all still on , This made it very hard for me to get a good picture of the moon with this camera. So I abandoned mission and headed towards the tarn with the moon behind me.

 I came up to the car park by the boat yard and people were already out with dogs, some wearing head torches with dogs in lighted collars. ....It was still that dark! one guy with a staffy dog who was very taken by my yeti fur boots warned me that it was slippery and to take care.
t hese are some of the pictures I tried to take before I got to the tarn......Yeadon centre with street lights. This was the best I could do here.....
 Park row.....

And just before the car park and boat yard......

 I walked around the Tarn the opposite way to my usual because I wanted to capture the moon over the water.........

 I walked all the way around to day. It was very very bracing and my right hand got frost bite operating the camera......
 Some of the puddles had ice on the surface...I discovered mud beneath because I was not looking at my feet.......just the moon.

 There were plenty of people and dogs about at the beginning of my walk, but by the time I got to the far end I had it all to myself....
 I did not see the swans this day or any of the guys who hang out at the boat house.
 It was very very cold and I quickly went home to warm up and drink tea......a very lot of tea!!!!!

Then we prepared to got to Ilkley. It was such a glorious day that Lee parked the Fonz car by the Chevin ....I ran up to surprise view to take yet more photos.....


 looking over Otley......

 The Royalty pub.....
 Lee and Monza waited in the car. in the warm. The sun was now out and the world looked warm. believe me it was not!

We went to Otley in what we call the bumpy way. That is because speeding has been a problem, so "sleeping policemen" have been built into the road to slow down traffic. It makes for a well bumpy ride in the Fonz car.
 In Ilkley we parked up and went to Boyes haberdashery for me to buy more fabric and some teddy bear joints. I bought some velvet and pink fur...if you were wondering.
Then a very quick visit to the church to see the Saxon crosses and the Manor house.

 We went around all the charity shops and bought nothing. I noted that prices had gone up alot and there  were no dolls at all . not even crappy porcelain Victorian copies!!!!
We had lunch of chicken pasties and chocolate eclairs whilst driving back home.......
The intention was to finish a giraffe doll I have started until I had to get ready for work.
Time went far too quickly and before I knew it the light was beginning to go and another day was over.

.
 The sun going down was a lot sensational.....so I very nearly made myself late by taking these photos.
 On the way back the Moon was out again......
 I am home now and in bed....usually I have finishe this blog hours ago and am onto shopping on Ebay by now.










1 comment:

polkadothill said...

oh, how I wish I could have been there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! love the photo of lee and Monza! and the moon!!! so super!!!!!

An old one. Let's go Barbie!

aThe breakers yard,,,,,Lets go Barbie!........ A girly place to go!? ......well yes on this day     It turned out very well.  ...