Tuesday, February 20, 2018

A pink elephant. A nutter's dream and Father.

Yes there are such things as pink elephants. It is not just something you see after being at the Prosecco. I made him from  a bought pattern from Etsy and it is designed by Sasha Pokrass . Who is a Russian toy maker.
This is the pattern I am currently working from and I am still in the process of making the bear.


Previously I made this giraffe by the same designer. The fabric was bought in Harrogate fave shop and Boyes in Ilkley.
i have also carried on setting out my "doll room".......

 Very small part of the Barbie action man and Ken collection. None of these girls were new in a box. I have found them all on my way around in junk shops. ......
 Here are some raggy dolls I made based on Alice in wonderland from patterns I made up......Alice, Mad hatter and Mad march hare.......
 Other raggy dolls I have made some of these were from my Handmadedoll.co.uk shop which I no longer have. I have no plans to re open it either. I had all types of plans for a new website and sell on facebook. I really do not want the hassle. so It is now not happening. So here they all are living in retirement in the doll room.

My fave part of my Bratz doll collection. Rock Anglz. All these girls were collected from junk shops and Ebay......
Dolls house and some of the pictures I have printed of doll photos I have done. .........
The dolls house was given to me too. It was from a customer and local business owner of "a man with a van"....I ordered loads of stands from ebay. they arrived yesterday. I now need to order a load more as they do not go very far. We counted the dolls there are about 84 Bratz!!!!


I am very nearly getting over Winter. The world generally is not so much but I am coping better now that the mornings are lighter . I am up early again a catching up on all the things I like to do.
Like making stuff. It is still too cold to contemplate going out but I have cut out some sewing projects and organised parts of the doll collection whilst drinking a huge amount of tea.
This week it is Lee's birthday. today we set out on the mission to buy his present.
no messing about. We just went straight to Machine Mart in Kirkstall.

 If you happen to be even slightly crazy this shop is like a Nutter's dream. Make mend and destroy. a tool with power for every project you can imagine. And Lee can imagine quite a few.
 We went to buy a chop saw. we bought a metal saw. The biggest brightest yellow thing ever in a huge heavy box.
 and some spare blades........ We got it to the car and put it in the back of the car with an extremely nonplussed Monza dog.  Lee is now not allowed the bright yellow saw all clean and shiney until his Birthday on Friday. A kiddy in a sweet shop he is. I have booked a table in a local pub for lunch. He is not interested in that now at all. he wants to play with his new toy.
 Monza waited in the car..... Machine Mart does not do it for a dog.


what does a girl say about machine mart? not a lot.......a huge huge huge place full of tools.

We also went to a supermarket which was a huge space full of food.
then on to the big charity shop at Kirkstall bridge shopping centre. we found nothing of interest there either.
So then it was time to call in on Father. Because we said we would. Father said he would not come and see us until we had seen his new paved garden. We have not seen Father for a lot of weeks. He has been busy doing nothing and this is very time consuming.
 So we went to see his new garden .
It turns out that his wife has had the whole garden professionally paved.....a skip and all to remove all the garden too. Every plant and ornament was destroyed and flung into a skip to create this smart paved area. Three thousand pounds it did cost. Everything just gone. All there is to see is paving stones and gravel.
Their dog which belongs to father's wife's son does not like the gravel at all.
"we had te do it fer't dog. he were draggin' in all mud on't carpets an' all"......." ah will put on't door te garage when it gets warmer"

"you been saying that for ten years."

"ah well mebe!"

we arrived at Father's to find him watching snooker. He came out into the garden to show us around but stood where he could still see the telly past us. we did not hang about and quickly made arrangements for him to come and see us on Thursday. I know perfectly well I will be at work!

Father used to come and see us once or twice a week. His wife thoroughly disproves of us and he always came over to see us when she was out at work. Ten years he has now been married and ten years of her disapproval have now dawned on Father. He recently had a joint will made with his wife, leaving "everything" to her and her children.........and Father made sure we knew it.
So that is what's happened to Father in case you were wondering.

1 comment:

polkadothill said...

love all of the dolls in retirement....... feel sorry for the plants lost.......

An old one. Let's go Barbie!

aThe breakers yard,,,,,Lets go Barbie!........ A girly place to go!? ......well yes on this day     It turned out very well.  ...