Sunday, February 4, 2018

A giraffe.

 It is Saturday night. I have finished the little giraffe doll that I bought the pattern on Etsy. The designer is Sasha Pokrass. I did get rather carried away and bought a few more of her patterns too.

 Made from fur "giraffe" spot fabric which I bought in Harrogate. He has jointed movable arms, legs and head.
 Any way . here we are Sunday morning and it is world cancer day. So I am up and looking out my pink and black clothes as we can wear them to work today......
I was....going to ignore it all and carry on. But I have decided to wear the pink and black as requested and my breast cancer pin.

I do not have to tell anyone about my own cancer. though I bet there will be plenty who will spare me no details about their own!

Now it is 8.30 and time to get in the shower. 
but before I go here is the chemotherapy doll that I found in the Kirkstall charity shop from the tip site. They were only released in America......
So how she came to be in a rubbish tip I do not know. so here she is with her rescued Ken doll who I have dressed in surf t shirt and ripped jeans......


i have to go and get dressed. so off i go to wear my pink and black out fit for cancer day 2018.

1 comment:

polkadothill said...

such a nice tribute to world cancer day.... and I never knew about the Barbie.... fantastic!

An old one. Let's go Barbie!

aThe breakers yard,,,,,Lets go Barbie!........ A girly place to go!? ......well yes on this day     It turned out very well.  ...