Friday, February 23, 2018

A birthday present. Meet The Phoenix.

Vauxhall-Frontera-3-2-V6-Petrol-Parts-Only-MOT-Expiry-15-10-18


23rd of February 2018 . It is Lee's birthday and we are drinking tea. I have been out early in the frost and my pyjamas so all is normal here in Yeadon this morning.
I was up late on Ebay last night. I buy a lot of stuff, usually dolls or stuff for the house. This time I bought a car. It is a Vauxhall Frontera beast of a vehicle. I can not drive and only know about cars because Lee does. Simple as that.
I bought him a "fixer upper" for his birthday. The seller tells me it is this is a beautiful vehicle .  I can see that it is too.


lee is wandering around singing" I am 51 today...never been 51 before....I got the key to the "door"(car)......tiddly tiddly te he he he

And yes! I intend to park it on the Terrace, and yes I am not taking any hassle about either. Everyone else parks and does whatever they like here. So here is mine.

Big Epic vehicle is it not!?

 so first I went out to take some photos...walk Monza dog, who has gathered that it is Lee's birthday! he was very excited and kept running up and down with a squeeky toy.
 The day dawned colourful and crisp. very very bracing. The plan was to go out to lunch in a local pub. I cancelled that! as the car was to be delivered by the seller on Ebay......



It arrived about lunch time. It is now parked outside and it is HUGE!!!! and yes it needs fixing!!! and yes it is rusty too.

 It is a beast of a vehicle. just like an old friend. I think Lee has found the love of his life. I would not be suprised to find that he has moved in to it and we never see him in the house again.
 The former owner drove it from Huddersfield. It rattles and humms. There is an engine and bearing issue and this makes it very noisy. Lee will need to have the engine out and strip it down.
 This will keep him happy for weeks, months maybe even years. It will provide presents for a few more occasions yet.
 I think a new engine may be in order! this is going by the rattlings and bangings that happen when it runs......
 The electric windows and heated seats still work fine.
I cancelled lunch. it would have been futile anyway. I have not seen Lee for about two hours.

So that worked out well then!........I also bought him a new (yes it actually was new!) coat and a power tool...a De Walt chop saw which is no mean small machine either. these have now been forgotten. in fact the coat never even came out of the wrapping.

It is now Saturday morning and I have looked outside and yes I really did buy this car. Not bad for a girl eh? It does rattle clank and hum as it drives but all that does not matter a damn as Lee is having the engine out anyway. If he can not fix it I can get him another engine for his next present.
Personally, being a girl I would not want an engine as a present.....in fact I would go as far as crying probably. Men are totally different breed and an Engine is suddenly a great present! look what happened yesterday for example. We never go out to lunch! I had a special table booked and had even downloaded menus..........I was really looking forward to it. Everything paled into an insignificant mist as this Phoenix could be heard driving up to us about a mile away.....

Meet the Phoenix. A Vauxhall Frontera.....Though Lee wants to spell it Fenix .Dont know about that. what do you think?





1 comment:

polkadothill said...

I think everything is grand!! what a terrific present!

An old one. Let's go Barbie!

aThe breakers yard,,,,,Lets go Barbie!........ A girly place to go!? ......well yes on this day     It turned out very well.  ...