Wednesday, February 14, 2018

The world is pink. So we went to Skipton



I woke up to a pink world. The pink light was reflecting around the room through the bathroom window. So I got to it and put on my boots and coat grabbed a camera and a doll and headed out past the grumpy old neighbour who was on the way to work.
By the time I got there it was not as pink. Having said that it was pink enough.


 Pan cake day it is. The radio is full of pancake races and recipies. We will be buying ours for lunch. I am way to stupid to cook pancakes from scratch. Kitchens are not my natural habitat unless of course I am making prim raggy dolls which require roasting to age them.....
So the pink morning dawned and I ran out.......then on my return decided that we are going to Skipton today as it is my day off.
 This is an "ever after doll" which I bought for myself last birthday. dressed for the Yorkshire weather she is which is more than I was in pyjamas. really must stop doing this!
So Skipton here we come.

 Rain rain rain. wet wet wet. extremely wet. So wet we just went straight to Skipton with Monza we did not get out of the car to get very wet just yet until we arrived in Skipton.
 Then we got wet.
 We walked up the canal to the best bits of town. That would be where the charity shops and Boyes are then.
 On the way to Skipton we remembered how we came here in the van when working as "a man with a van" doing deliveries for a big famous kitchen retailers. we did each one for £35.00!!! that included going all the way over to Skipton first. "money hard won." I said.
 We have not been over to Skipton for a dig around for a lot of years. We came once when we first got Monza. He howled and carried on so alarmingly in the car park that we dare not leave him again. He is fine now and does not mind anymore......
 The canal looked lovely. Even in the rain.
 We went to all the charity shops and popped into this shopping centre which is a fave......
 gorgeous inside......
 Looks full of interesting expensive shops......
 yep. it is expensive. worth a look too.....
 Here is Lee looking scared that I will find some gorgeous little thing for the house that I can not live without.....
 Like these for example......My next "thing" is to rejig the garden. New plants and ornaments me thinks.
 Sheep street and the wholly sheep pub.......
 And back towards the car....but first one more visit to the canal......







An extraordinary thing happened in Boyes. Lee liked something in the clothes department. A new coat!!! I bought it for him for his birthday which is next week. We also found some frames. dvds and lunch .
not a bad little outing in the rain.
I mentioned going to Skipton castle. unfortunately it is something that requires paying on entrance. so no go this time either. I will never fear......now that Monza is okay to be left we can come again. Hopefully the weather will be brighter and I can get some better pictures. I also saw a couple of churches.........

It is now early on Valentines day 2018. The radio is playing all your usual stuff involving romance and supermarket offers for dining in.....bottles of this and that with bubbles and chocolate. I got Lee some "valentins socks" from Asda. Can not beat a bit of romance on a frosty morning after ten years of marriage can you.
Socks!? yep... SOCKS!!! I liked then they are funny. better than a lot of the CR*P I saw on the promo stands on the way around in the last few weeks. 

No comments:

An old one. Let's go Barbie!

aThe breakers yard,,,,,Lets go Barbie!........ A girly place to go!? ......well yes on this day     It turned out very well.  ...