Wednesday, February 21, 2018

Wednesday. A car. A teddy bear and some more dolls.


c1960 16" roddy vinyl doll with pretty pink rose dress

 Coming back from Kirkstall yesterday on my day off. That is all we did this week. A visit to Machine Mart and Father. It is now Wednesday again and I have been given some hours at work but ...not yet. it is still early. We are drinking tea. Lee is watching utube videos on how to make and destroy buildings and I am rattling around doing these photos from yesterday and tiding up........

I have a load of stuff....I say load of stuff ...I mean dolls that I am bidding on on Ebay. I am tempted to up the bids to make sure I win as the auctions finish when I am at work.
I have just bid what I want to pay and left it at that.....if I get out bid then the next person is paying . so what ever will be will be. If I am meant to own another three 1960s doll then I will when I return at 2pm today!



 So here are some great light photos taken in the last couple of days whilst on the way around,

 Yeadon  town centre.....
It is now Wednesday night, I have won the auctions for the dolls and am now bidding on a car for Lee.......
Wednesday. Off I go to work again. We have decided that this is a good idea as it pays our bills! 
And look what happens when they don't get paid. I am told that I am lazy.


Winter light is fabulous though I am now looking forward to spring as I want to redesign the garden. I have plans for parts of the decking to be removed as firstly it is rotten and one of us will fall through the rotten planks before long.......so I thought get it removed totally from the path side!

This gives me room to have another car......and Lee will have space to work on it.
Everyone else does what ever they like on the "right of way path" at the back of this terrace. Even threatening violence upon my person if I tell some that it can not be blocked as it is " a right of way" ....which means that I should be able to walk to work with out scratching along a wall squeezing past a parked van right?

So I am going to do what I like too. Let's see how the reaction goes when I do as I want and disreguard everyone else shall we? 

So update.....


 This is the decking that has to go...it is as you see rotten rotten rotten!!!! So this evening Lee started to dismantle it all. There is now not a lot of it left.
 Once gone.....there will be much more space for the car I am bidding on for Lee's birthday on Ebay.

I have messaged the seller asking if it can be delivered for me as I do not drive and it is a fixer upper for my husband's birthday.....so here is hoping that I win shall we.

Vauxhall-Frontera-3-2-V6-Petrol-Parts-Only-MOT-Expiry-15-10-18
Here it is...a Vauxhall frontera. It looks lovely.....and I really hope Lee can fix it!!!!!!


And yes I won the three dolls from the 1960s....


c1960 16" roddy vinyl doll with pretty pink rose dress



c1960s-american-or-roddy-16-034-rubber-kapok-stuffed-doll-with-squeek-and-dress


c1960-16-034-roddy-heavy-vinyl-doll-with-pretty-yellow-dress


And then I came home from work and took the rest of my doll collection up to the loft and finished 

this teddy bear.


 There are lots of things I got wrong with this bear....but I love him. I have not made a teddy bear before....and got the fabric entirely wrong. it all looks okay in this picture but it was too thin and the bear eyes and joints have started to come away already.......So now I am making a pink fur one........

Thursday. update

Very very early. checked ebay and now going to work. Father is coming over today.

Lee has partly removed the rotten decking and it looks like a right mess. I am still winning the car which will be going in the space the decking leeves. 
Back at 12.30 will hope for the best with all this.

No comments:

An old one. Let's go Barbie!

aThe breakers yard,,,,,Lets go Barbie!........ A girly place to go!? ......well yes on this day     It turned out very well.  ...