Tuesday, February 6, 2018

Twelve dolls and a bit of snow. here we go.......


The weather dictated the  Otley trip. We very nearly did not go. I wanted to go to Weatherby but the traffic news was so drastic that we were not going anywhere.
 I had the idea of walking Monza and then finding a local tradesman to finish off the damn loft. I came home yesterday to discover two pieces of architrave had been added. The skirting boards and storage  doors were still missing. One week and two pieces of wood nailed on.
Lee explained that he did not know how to do it. I coined a new phrase
"just do it. Whack it on!"

We went to Otley in the sleet. We walked Monza in the sleet as well........

Monza looks quite happy in this photo but believe me none of us were once the wind started to blow the cold snow into our ears. 


 The snow drops are beginning to appear.
We went once around the old grave yard and then scuttled to the Fonz car.  By then the sleet was really coming down. I did not get up early to take photos. It was too dark and too cold. Looking out of the windows I could not see any sunrise much to bother about.
 In Otley we went to the Charity shops and the twenty pence shop. I found Twelve Bratz dolls for twenty pence each!!!!
 And from a different shop I bought a soft toy dog.......


In the Victorian Arcade here are some dolls that I did not buy. This one is way too creepy for my taste. though the lady who owns this stall did try to extract £10.00 for it.

 These are about £8.00 each. I have some simular so was only slightly tempted.







So back to the Fonz car we went and bought chocolate eclairs on the way....called into the £1.00 charity shop where I found a furry gold flecked jumper.
Once home I tried it on. I now look just like a teddy bear.












 The weather and the day remained bleak.







 By now it was well past Monzas dinner time and he sulked downstairs whilst we tackled the loft architraves. The damn things were going on even if I had to glue them on myself!
 It was around about now that I rediscovered that I can not bend down as far as the floor or get on my knees to cut stuff. That is to say I can get down....but there is no way I am getting up again without flayling round like an upturned spider.

so I stood on the bits of wood and Lee sawed them.

And that is how I came to own another twelve Bratz dolls and put up architraves in the loft. The architrave and skirting up in this loft have taken ten years so far. tomorrow is another day and this is the day they get whacked on.

Wednesday morning now and the stars are still out. The light is beginning to come up and it is dark and cold. Now is the time to put my ambitions into play. This is the day the loft gets its skirting boards.

I want a finished room at last ......




All things considered this is not a bad space now. The cost of this loft conversion aside......it is time I made it into a workable space.!!!!





















1 comment:

polkadothill said...

it is looking great and iknow it will get done... and anyday that you find brats is a good day!

An old one. Let's go Barbie!

aThe breakers yard,,,,,Lets go Barbie!........ A girly place to go!? ......well yes on this day     It turned out very well.  ...