Wednesday, January 31, 2018

Blustery and wet. so ........inside today.


I did intend to get up and go outside to take some early photos of the sunrise and the moon .......except my plan was scuppered by the weather. the weather which is pox ridden. Yorkshire wet and windy.
So we are finishing this long suffering loft conversion. Basically....it has taken us ten whole years to get this flooring down after clearing all the junk we amassed from our van business A man with a van. The van is long gone. We had it towed away because part of the engine blew up. The junk we kept because we thought we "could do something with it. it might come in usefull" kind of junk remained.


We took it all to the tip. including the bed in that room. We have no one who would want to come and stay........there are very few people from former lives and places that still talk to me now. The last of past friends dumped me when I got my cancer diagnosis. Stated that I was a liar and refused to answer emails. so that was the last of "the Bath friends" to bite the dust. This one cancelled coming to this wedding at the last minute as well, so  it is no loss...though I do resent being told I have lied about cancer. If I was going lie....and I suppose some might! It would be about something far more exotic.
so!!!! WHY DID WE have a spare bed any way. No idea now I think about it. so we took that to the tip along with the computer desk and a very lot of Christmas decorations. Did I really need a tree with no stand or pole to put all the branches on? well I obviously thought that I might....as there were four big boxes of fake tree blocking the door. so tip with all that!




once this was done.....we have a big usable space.
What am I going to do with it? well we are making it into a play room. My dolls house and parts of my doll collection and Lee's gaming toys are going up here after the skirting boards and architraves are fitted......
As the weather is so bad there is no excuse today.

These patterns are gorgeous. I just bought them from Etsy. Sasha Pokrass designed them.....


Fabrics I have ordered from Ebay....velvet and mohair. Thought I would try something different. These are all jointed animals and I have ordered all that as well......

really looking forward to getting on with all these later today.


first..........brave the weather and walk Monza the dog. First things first!!!!!

Yeasterday I bought this giraffe print fur too in Harrogate from my fave fabric shop

I did get up early. I really did intend to go out. There was little point as it turned out. Never fear, I did not waste time a got out a roll of bin liners and stuffed them with all Lee's old clothes.
Lee has a lot of old clothes. They have a hard life do garments in his life. usually ending with lumps of fabric missing and covered in grease or paint. or even engine oil which is impossible stuff.
these filled four bin liners and was practically everything he owned. really needs to shop now......
 So here are some photos from the other week........





The last day of January. So lets get to it all then.

1 comment:

polkadothill said...

ooh, the carpet looks so great in the spare room!!!! really fabulous!! and I love the fabric and sasha patterns!!!!! soon the room will be filled with fabulous dolls and accessories.... excited to see! oh, send some rain our way!

An old one. Let's go Barbie!

aThe breakers yard,,,,,Lets go Barbie!........ A girly place to go!? ......well yes on this day     It turned out very well.  ...