Thursday, January 4, 2018

Like never before.

Yesterday it just rained like never before. This morning the hurricaine woke me up. No messing about it is a  wrecking ball.
Yesterday was just a bit wet and blowy by comparison. we were going to take all the junk lying around the decking to the tip. The junk is now all over and we are not going any where. Eighty mile an hour winds? absolutely not.going out. I have the choice today so I choose sewing at home. I have towels ready for Monza dog when he comes in from his garden constitutional.  Who is showing no inclination to leave my bed and is snoozing contentedly whilst I stuff and sew up rag doll arms. The rest of the dolls are downstairs drying out after painting and staining.
Yesterday we went to Harrogate. Today we are staying here, so the photos are "out takes" from Yesterday. The news states that we have winds of one hundred miles an hour and some places are now flooded. Storm Elenore! this has put a lot of power down as well, so lots of places have not electricity either. As I write this is not so bad in my little world though it looks like it is heading this way now.
Definitely staying here. Monza is really upset at not having a walk. We dare not take the car out. Lee has now decided he needs some Cigarettes so he is going on his own to get some. I don smoke! as well Monza will howl if we both go.........

The Photo of the rabbits sign was found on our way around in Harrogate. A local butchers selling Rabbit meat........in Harrogate? yep really.
so Yesterday...........This is a great find of a shop for Lee. An old fashioned hardware shop laid out as it would have been in times gone by. We passed this on the way around and never went inside. Next time, don't worry. .......there is so much new to us to rediscover here.
This time it rained. It will not always be that way.
I am back in bed now waiting vainly for the weather to stop pounding. It is not even light yet. I woke at 4am and filled time with washing up and painting faces.

It looks quite okay. Well it was really unpleasant!
Plenty of trees down and parts of a harbour wall in Cornwall has been swept away......people are out taking "selfies" in this. Again I ask my self what is the matter with some people? social media again me thinks. Otherwise why would they bother.!???


Wednesday and Thursday day three and day four........

up again without the light and discovered that I could not find any needles. Then once I found them I could not see to thread them either.  made tea. Drank tea. 

Coffee stained some doll bodies and painted some more faces.....

 glued up some "flat dolls" and then retried threading the damn needles and stitched on hair.
It is still raining. There are still wind warnings and it is still freezing cold. we drank more tea.

Should be okay to take out the car today.....so we drank more tea and waited for the light.

Conclusion.  This is not a good time of year for sewing. either that or I am getting old and can not see the little holes and thread any longer. I did drink enough tea and stomped around for a bit and then i put the damn hair on the doll heads eventually.

it is the time of the year obviously.
and that is that, not very exciting really but better that nothing at all..........

No comments:

An old one. Let's go Barbie!

aThe breakers yard,,,,,Lets go Barbie!........ A girly place to go!? ......well yes on this day     It turned out very well.  ...