Saturday, January 6, 2018

Can I please have my dinner?


Here is a photo with everything. A Marilyn Barbie in the foreground ,Monza dog, the Fonz car and Lee on a morning doggy walk. A typical photo from being out and about with The Fonz car.
The Fonz is not well. We came home the other day with smoke coming out of the exhaust . Lee said this was not good as this indicated that the head gasket was about to blow up like the Rusty van we had before this.
I came in last night hoping for my dinner and Lee instead regaled me on his findings about The Fonz cars mechanical workings. I had to interrupt to ask if my dinner was ready.....er please. On the internet Lee had been and quite excited about his findings he is.
The Fonz car is a Renault Megan Scenic dynamiqe + . This makes him fixable if what Lee has found out works. Now.......smoke coming out of the exhaust is caused by water getting into the oil, or water in the exhaust pipe that can not drain out. AND rain and water we have had plenty of!.....So Lee looked in the oil filler cap and found no mayonnaise substance. which is what appears when water mixes with oil. The conclusion from this is that The Fonz does not appear to be loosing water.....and so it is not the head gasket that is about to blow up. The mayonaise is a very telling part of this diagnosis . I hope you are following this.

By this stage of the explanation I was nearly dieing of famine. Monza dog was very excited to see me and ran around and round me......Lee kept on talking.......His findings now indicated that it is water not being able to drain from the exhaust that is causing the smoke, and what he has to do is drill holes in it and then it will drain.


Can I please have my dinner?


This will make The Fonz slightly noisier but there should be no smoke. Another problem that the Fonz has is a noise caused by the drain on the sun roof which is blocked and causes a gurgling sound...he now knows why this blocks up too.... Another indication that all is not as it should be is a loss of power. The Fonz can not get up and down the Chevin very easily......an EGR sensor ...an exhaust gas sensor...needs cleaning or replacing. Lee says that what he will do is put a blanking plate in. ...so this will make it go faster? yes. okay...good then.

To cut to chasing dinner. yes I did get my fish pie eventually and this I ate with a creme brule  for seconds with a lot of tea to wash it all down. ( I had just acquired 12 pots for 14p)

This morning we have woken up early.....I have to go and face my public again and Lee is to drill holes in the Fonz car. If this works then Happy days.....
more tea. !!! did you get all that? so basically the Fonz may be fixable. This means a lot as I was not feeling to happy about letting him go.
It is not good to name your car as this indicates attachment.
The Fonz after all is a metal machine and really could not care less. However Monza  dog loves it.

1 comment:

polkadothill said...

such good news and I hope fonz can be repaired!!!!!!! hope and hurrah!

An old one. Let's go Barbie!

aThe breakers yard,,,,,Lets go Barbie!........ A girly place to go!? ......well yes on this day     It turned out very well.  ...