Friday, January 5, 2018

Another one bites the dust

 The Fonz car is smoking. This is not very good at all. Lee thinks the head gasket thing will blow up very soon. And no...it is not worth fixing. This happened to Rusty van as well last year and he had to be towed away.
We went over to Otley in the mist and rain. We managed to get there and back with smoke coming out of the exhaust. There was a little when we parked up after Harrogate...I did not notice. Well I wouldn't would I? Lee did not say anything just yet. My mind was on finding a fabric shop anyway.
 We managed to get there and back with smoke coming out of the exhaust and before the wind started up again. The rain? well we just put up with that as usual.
 Monza dog got very wet and muddy. therefore so did we and the back of the car blankets.
 visibility was  was low, so no one really noticed the smoke. we could smell it though. It is now quite obvious.
 another car we are buying  I had all kinds of exotic plans for new stair carpets and mattresses and what not for the upstairs bedroom that has never been finished......but hey .....I can not get around very well on a carpet. This is Yeadon not the Arabian knights. So more over time it is then for me........we have worked it out. I should be able to pay it off in about a year if we buy another old car....this time we will need to spend a lot more money. I had all manner of daft ideas about converting an old van into a camper van. There are two things wrong with this idea. insurance is more expensive and I HATE camping. So a car that runs and has room for Monza dog remain the only criteria.
 We parked up the smoking Fonz car and did our usual round of junk shops and lunch. These are dolls in the old curiosity shop in the Victorian arcade.....I did not buy any. We will be going again  to buy a car........I might yet buy......there is a Rosebud here that is in quite good condition.
 January 2018. a wet windy world... Otley cafes and outside is wet dark and a bit sad............ Friday 5th , Christmas and New year banging around is all over. Sales in all the proper shops.....in fact sales in the junk shops as well.....I got six DVDs for one pound and then another two for twenty pence each.............once home  I went onto Ebay as Lee wanted the Die hard movies......These are what we went out to look for in both Otley and Harrogate the other day.
This morning I am still in bed and drinking tea. I can not see to do anything doll like so I am drinking tea and planning on "how to buy a car"........

Lee spotted one yesterday. a vauxhall meriva ......about twelve years old.....the only problem is the price of  £1,695.00. That is approximately £1,500.00 over budget.
 The weather is terrifying. There is very little visibility and headlights are required...
 so..... Lee is going to see how it all works and give it a test drive.....as yet we do not have a back up plan.

1 comment:

polkadothill said...

so sad about the fonz! cars are a royal pain! I hope lee is able to find one with a decent price!!!!! the weather looks as you would say, so atmospheric! love the dolls at the shop.. I would have been tempted! poor fonz.....

An old one. Let's go Barbie!

aThe breakers yard,,,,,Lets go Barbie!........ A girly place to go!? ......well yes on this day     It turned out very well.  ...