Saturday, January 13, 2018

Carpet squares, hospital scan and a few steps.

Saturday morning (there was actually sun. cold still but sunny) found me sitting in the Fonz car outside St. Martins church, Chapel Allerton. Waiting for Lee who has gone for a scan at the hospital. This is the scan and appointment we were expecting before Christmas to assertain any deterioration in his condition of Rhumatoid Arthritis. I stayed in the parked Fonz car with monza dog as there was no way we were leaving our treasured German Sheperd in the area alone in an old heap of metal with bomb holes with irish licence plates. A magnet for gits kidnaping for dog fights. And yes it does go on and yes it is illegal. This still does not stop it happenening. And it is not happening today to my dog.
the car rapidly began to steam up as Monza and I sat listening to the radio.Nearly lunch time on a Saturday. We should really be up in the loft conversion laying down carpet squares that arrived yesterday. I put six down this morning before we walked Monza to see what they look like.
Well they looked okay, which is fine as there will not be that much floor visible with bookcases and rugs in place,
now the car is really misted. Monza is asleep in the back and I am eating take your breath away mints'
a text!! on my as yet un damaged new mobile phone
"a few bodies not turned up. might get seen on time".....said Lee. And before I could get another mint out of the packet Lee was back in the driving seat and we were setting off to Kirkstall to get sandwiches and Blueberry muffins for lunch.

The doctor had chatted with Lee as he did his scan and explained what he was doing and what it was showing. The upshot is that Lee has a lot of swelling and inflammation and his medications are not working as well as they should. There is inflammation and tendon damage in all of the joints scanned this day.

So now we know.

Home we went and discovered that The photograph of the hundred and ninty nine steps had been delivered From artist Glen Kilpatrick that I discovered on my way around Ebay.

I set to unpacking it and hanging it in our bedroom. And here it is. positioned so that we wake up and see the view from the top of the hundred and ninety nine steps in Whitby when we wake up.
Here I am now Sunday morning waiting for the light and time to get ready for my public appearance today. I have to be in the shower and chosen clothes by 8.30 or I am late. I hate to rush being late.

  once home yesterday we took the carpet squares upstairs.......the room was already as cleared as it can be.......
The desk we acquired has been dismantled and gone to the tip.....
Loads of piled up rubbish went to the tip. it all looks so much better already.

Yes it is possible to get a super king mattress into a car. we kind of miss the van here as this would have been so easy along with the tip journey too...still never mind. move on. Lee is not in any position to be working in that capacity now anyway. rethink on a big scale.......

I am off to work now. So this is it for today. I have been up since 5.30 and tidied up...put on washing and washed some of the rescued dolls i found in the last two weeks. I have got behind!!!! do not worry I am on it all. The loft conversion will have carpet squares by the end of the day...I am leaving Lee with this mission.

No comments:

An old one. Let's go Barbie!

aThe breakers yard,,,,,Lets go Barbie!........ A girly place to go!? ......well yes on this day     It turned out very well.  ...