Tuesday, August 1, 2017

August in Yeadon.

 Today it is August. It is also Yorkshire day. There is a vending machine that has been installed in one of the tourist traps that supplies all things considered "yorkshire" ...so we can buy flat caps wenslydale cheese    a lump of coal    Yorkshire puds.... Yorkshire tea...Seabrook crisps.....probably even stuffed Yorkshire terriers too. What the hell!!!??? any way there you have it. "Yorkshire" is now a cliche from a vending machine. I am so happy that I have lived to see these days .
 I went to the Tarn and took some early photos. I dressed in what I consider normal day clothes. Judging by the shell suit brigade also out early...summer after all....I looked giggle worthy.
I remember shell suits the first time my lovelies and would never go there even in the days they were fashionable.
 Today is a fabulous looking day as the sun came up...sharp...not to hot and beautiful light.
 Monza woke me up...It was time to get up and take him for a walk. You see he knows it is a day off and has planned his walk and ride in The Fonz car. He has the day sussed. All we as meare humans can do is comply.
 It being Yorkshire day he has in mind roast beef yorkshire puddings mash spuds and gravy. A very expressive dog is Monza.
 The traditional afters would be  rhubarb and custard. I am reliably informed of this by Lee

" Rubbarb grown in Ponty!" he stated knowledgeably. ( translates as The rhubarb is grown in Pontefract)
So that is the menu for this day for "tea" to night. Dinner is served at lunch time here. So what to have?  well
"pork pie and Brown sauce....." stated Lee
best get on with it all then. Otley beckons....Weegemans pork pies are a classic on this great day.

"Do you want to respell RHUBARB! "stated Lee "It has an H in it and one B. It has a red line under it for spell check..."

"yeh!? so it does not mean I take any notice or it....."

No comments:

An old one. Let's go Barbie!

aThe breakers yard,,,,,Lets go Barbie!........ A girly place to go!? ......well yes on this day     It turned out very well.  ...